1 Dead, 9 Injured in Hamilton County Crash-UPDATE

By: Dontaye Carter; Jennifer Milton Email
By: Dontaye Carter; Jennifer Milton Email

Updated 1-29 8:14pm by Jennifer Milton:

"I'm not crying because she's dead, I know she's dead, I can accept the fact that she's dead. It's just imagining your best friend in a casket, in a hearse and like, she's just cold, it's no smiles, there's none of that it's just her in casket, can't move," said Demetris Arnold.

Demetrius Arnold never thought the conversation he had with Amber Carpenter on January 21st would be the last time he would hear his best friend's voice. The 17-year old from Madison County was killed in a tragic car accident in Hamilton County after the basketball game between Madison and Hamilton High schools on January 22nd. Those closest to her are stricken with grief as they say their final goodbyes to a beloved daughter, sister and friend.

"She was a very nice person, she was a people person, she was always happy and she just loved everybody," said Angie Thompkins.

Authorities say the high school student was riding in the front seat of a 1993 Ford Explorer, when the driver, Quanisha Jackson, failed to yield to an oncoming vehicle.

At this time police are waiting for results from blood alcohol tests to see if alcohol was a factor in the crash.

We have made several attempts to get more details from the Florida Highway Patrol, but they have not released any other information about the crash at this time. We are also waiting to hear if any charges will be filed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Florida Highway patrol says at 10:30 Saturday night Quanisha Jackson, the driver of a Ford Explorer, was traveling east in the left turn lane on U-S 129.

Jackson failed to yield the right-of-way as she traveled into the path of a Jeep.

FHP says the front of the jeep hit the left front side of the Explorer causing Jackson's car to go into another lane.

Authorities say Amber Carpenter, the passenger in the front seat of the Explorer, died on scene.

Jackson was transported to Shands Hospital in Gainesville and all other passengers were transported to Shands Hospital in Live Oak.

Authorities are not sure if Carpenter was wearing a seat belt.

Only two of the five passengers are confirmed to have been wearing seat belts in the Ford Explorer.

Troopers say they don't know how many, if any, were wearing seat belts in the Jeep.

Both drivers were tested for alcohol.

Charges are pending.

• by Keyy Location: Madison on Feb 7, 2011 at 06:11 AM
    - Amber Yuu Will Be Truly Missed. iKnow Your In A Better Placee, But Its So Hard Acceptinq The Fact That Your Gone Forever. Even Thouqh Your Not Hear To Yell My Name When I See Yuu At The Games iKnow Your Spirt Is Still With Me .! R.i.p A
  • by Trevor Location: Hamilton county on Feb 1, 2011 at 08:35 AM
    Theres a lot of controversy over this crash for one thing so before you all start blaming one person we really dont know whos fault it is. Right now theres rumors the other trucks headligts were out and he was over 100mph. So stop blaming someone when you dont even know the whole story.
  • by Candace Location: Tallahassee on Jan 31, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    SHE was the driver of the car. SHE was responsible for all of her passengers. SHE should have made each person put a seatbelt on before moving the car. SHE should have been paying attention. YES I think that she deserves to go to jail! Not only has her reckless behavior cost a passengers life, it will now affect her own as well. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families in this tough time, as well as the driver in these tough days to come.
  • by Demetris Arnold aka Poohbear Location: Madsion Fl on Jan 26, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    Hello everyone this girl rite here was my BEST FRIEND..BEST FRIEND I tell you. she always had an smile on her face no matter what happen that day. I also knew the cuz Jackson which she just graduted last year. Amber friend i will truly miss your smile at MADSION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL.. YOUR FAVORTIE WORDS ARE " DONT HATE"..LOVE BOOO
  • by unknown Location: madison on Jan 26, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    Before u start to put something on here about a person u don't even know u need to learn how to spell because both of those gurls were bestfriends and im sure she didn't mean to harm her best friend and the others that was in there with her. I don't think that she needs to be put in jail.......
  • by hunybun Location: Gainesville, Fl on Jan 26, 2011 at 05:58 AM
    I think the driver should not be charged, these young ladies were friends, can u imagine the hurt she may be feeling right now knowing her friend is gone. my heart goes out to all the families. I really dont think the deceased would blame her friend and would want jail for her friend. All im saying is God is to wise to make any mistakes and he has his reason for wanting his Angel home. Please dont send this young lady to jail, for it will not bring the deceased back. you all are in my prayers. May God comfort you and ease your pain. I know this is got to be hard.
  • by Quanesha Location: Madison,Fl on Jan 25, 2011 at 07:40 PM
    I think this young adult should not be in jail. It was an accident i dont think she ment to harm anyone. Jail isnt for these type of things. She's already hurting inside,because she killed her best friend tahts enough for her.There probably was a group of girls just talking having fun driving and not paying attention accidents happen.Im pretty sure she didnt want to put anyone life in danger not when she's in the car.She didnt mean to do this so please just drop any charges that has been pended against her if there's any.
  • by sandy Location: jennings,fla on Jan 25, 2011 at 04:33 PM
    yes this jackson girl need to be in jail really these young kid take these cars as a toy the parent need to teach there kid alway wash out for other people saftey she older enought to learn.
  • by yolanda Location: madison on Jan 24, 2011 at 07:35 PM
    My heart and prayers goes out to the family I'm praying for this grief stricken family words can't describe your grief but with God you will somehow try i have a teenager myself but
  • by jasper Location: fl on Jan 24, 2011 at 05:10 PM
    my hearts goes out to everyone that was in both cars... im sorry for those who hit the young lady because they have to live with the fact everyday they didnt mean to kill someone... i hope nothin happens to the driver... and my prayers go out to the girls family....n ur right that place was a bad spot.....at the scene....maybe they can fix it....
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114453689 - wctv.tv/a?a=114453689