Filings Show Scott Earned $24.8M in Past 3 Years

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Miami Beach, FL (AP) - Republican Rick Scott has finally made
good on a monthslong pledge to release his tax returns.
The gubernatorial candidate's campaign posted 412 pages of tax
returns on its website Friday night.
According to the filings, Scott earned about $24.8 million in
the preceding three tax years.
The release of the tax returns came as Scott's first debate
against Democrat Alex Sink aired on Univision.
In it, Sink tried to portray Scott as out of touch with average
Floridians.
Scott previously reported a net worth of $218 million.
He made the bulk of his money heading health care company
Columbia/HCA. The board ousted him in 1997 amid a massive fraud
investigation. He left with more than $300 million in compensation.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by sick of all the lies from them all on Oct 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    momma says "he's a good boy" yeah jessie james momma said the same thing,wait that was BOTH MRS JAMES. one was an outlaw and the other was running around on a real nice woman. I don't hate the rich. there are alot of really nice rich people out there that use thier money to HELP OUT OTHERS. ellen,oraph,Dr phil just to name a few. I WILL NOT vote for someone who uses the 5th as many times as he did. good lord get real.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 11, 2010 at 06:10 AM
    Did you read the article? The man was ousted from his job and then COMPENSATED. Compensation implies that something has been done to you wrongly. Every person who gets in a car accident and gets an attorney to collect whether the injury is for real or not. Does that make them all crooks?
  • by LOOK IN THE MIRROR Location: HOW DISAPPOINTING IS THAT on Oct 10, 2010 at 08:35 AM
    Can't look at him eh???? Why? Is it because of his white and shiny head?
  • by WOE IS ME Location: Florida on Oct 10, 2010 at 08:33 AM
    If he did something wrong...why isn't he in prison? I bet none of you can answer that....of course I'll hear the "oh,he's white" and "he's the head crook" or some bogus crud similar to that...All I read on here is a bunch of nobodys that are full of envy, jealousy and hatred because the man can make something of himself. You've run your own lives into the crapper and succumb to following the liberal talking points..."hate the rich". In that case you should be hatin on your liberal leaders too...they're not poor. Like I asked...If he was personally responsible for the fraud, why isn't he in prison?
  • by j timney Location: tallahassee on Oct 10, 2010 at 05:52 AM
    I like bald heads. I will vote for him.
  • by ETurnage Location: Tallahassee on Oct 9, 2010 at 07:20 PM
    Tom, whole heartedly agree. This man is savvy. the same people who are bad mouthing him would sing his praises if he were lining their pockets. Unlike Sink this guy comes Teflon coated. Because of his financial status he is basically immune to any type of outside influence. I'm willing to bet he won't charge the taxpayer 400 g's for travel expenses.....
  • by TOM Location: MADISON on Oct 9, 2010 at 02:17 PM
    CAN'T LOOK AT HIM........YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA.....YOU VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE ON LOOKS....I BET YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA BECAUSE HE IS BLACK AND LOOKS GOOD IN A SWIMMING SUIT
  • by BULL Location: FLORIDA on Oct 9, 2010 at 09:31 AM
    HE'S A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING MUCH LIKE OBAMA, NO HE'S WORSE HE HAS SO MANY SHADY DEALS. AND PEOPLE ARE FLOCKING TO HIM LIKE SHEEP TO THE SLAUGHTER.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 9, 2010 at 06:52 AM
    First of all let me clarify, I AM A WOMAN, and yes I will vote for him. So what, he's a business man that knows how to make money and it's quite apparent he is a good money manager. Show me a politician that says he/she has not been inolved in less than stellar money making schemes and I will show you a liar. All politicians are after the taxpayer dollars, why do you think we are in he mess we are in now? The LAST THING FLORIDA NEEDS IS A WOMAN GOVERNOR! In some states it might be o.k. but not in Florida. Anyway, why would we obligate ourselves to hear Alex Sink's whiney, monotone voice for another 4 years?
  • by tom Location: madison on Oct 9, 2010 at 06:04 AM
    this is a man who knows how to run a business......he makes more than he spends.....Obama and the Democrats could learn from him on how to balance a budget
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104611394 - wctv.tv/a?a=104611394