Fire Sends 'Hope House' Director to Hospital

By: Mike Springer Email
By: Mike Springer Email

By: Mike Springer
May 19, 2013

Tallahassee, FL - A small kitchen fire sent the director of the 'Hope House' to the hospital.

Danny Heaberlin says he and his family were at their home on Scenic Road in Tallahassee Saturday night when they heard a loud bang.

Heaberlin says their microwave caught fire and the fire quickly spread throughout their kitchen.

His family was able to put out the fire and keep the damage contained to just the kitchen.

"It sounded like a shotgun going off. At first we thought it was outside. Then three or four minutes later you could smell smoke," said Heaberlin.

Heaberlin later went to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. The rest of his family says they are okay.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 208091131 - wctv.tv/a?a=208091131
Gray Television, Inc.