WCTV | Tallahassee, Thomasville, Valdosta | News, Weather, Sports

Fire Started By Heating Pad in Tallahassee Home

By: TFD Release
By: TFD Release

Tallahassee, Florida --

At 8:36 this morning, six units from the Tallahassee Fire Department were dispatched to a reported room on fire in a house on the 1700 block of Sharon Road. On arrival, the first unit on scene found a mattress on fire in the back bedroom. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the room of origin. The fire appears to have been started by a heating pad. Fire damage was limited to one room, with heat and smoke damage throughout the house. Residents had evacuated in a timely manner and no one was hurt. Total damages are estimated at $20,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105037769 - wctv.tv/a?a=105037769