Fla. Homeowner Shoots Teens Who Tried to Break in

By: AP
By: AP

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) --

Two teens were shot when a homeowner fought back during an attempted robbery.

Police say the teens hit 72-year-old Jack Crawford over the head
with a baseball bat when he answered a knock at his door just
before 9 p.m. Saturday.

Crawford told the Pensacola News Journal he had grabbed his
handgun as a precaution before opening the door. He fired twice,
hitting two of the three teens. Crawford said they were wearing
hoods and scarves.

The attackers fled. Police tracked them down and arrested a
17-year-old who remains hospitalized, an 18-year-old Curtis
Crenshaw who was treated and released and 15-year-old.

All three were charged with home-invasion robbery and aggravated
battery.

Crawford was treated for head injuries.

• by Anonymous on Feb 1, 2011 at 09:07 AM
    @boston dave... The only reason those 3 teens would regret what they did is because they got caught. chances are theyll end up doing it again. and i agree with everybody that you disagree with, if they broke into my house they wouldnt walk out. im just glad the old guy is ok. the kids should get armed robery, assault with a deadly weapon, and attempted murder. maybe 15 years in prison would open their eyes.
  • by Guy Location: Here on Feb 1, 2011 at 07:18 AM
    I'm sure all 3 of these kids will go on to be engineers, rocket scientists and doctors.
  • by GRANNIE Location: grady co on Feb 1, 2011 at 05:10 AM
    WHAT THESE TEENS DID WAS SO WRONG] IN WHAT THEY DID, I AM SURE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID WAS WRONG. BUT THEY SILL DO NOT DESERVE TO DIE FOR IT. I AM GLAD THE MAN TOOK UP FOR HIS SELF AND HE WAS NOT HURT REAL BAD . ALL CAME OUT OK. I HOPE THESE 'TEENS KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE TO BE ALIVE AAND WILL TURN THEIR AROU[ND TO BE GOOD CITZENS
  • by ikadod Location: wandering on Feb 1, 2011 at 03:51 AM
    i hope boston dave doesnt get jury duty much
  • by Scott on Feb 1, 2011 at 03:15 AM
    Hmmm... I see here that no one has stated the obvious. IF THE OLD MAN WOULD HAVE JUST LOOKED OUT HIS PEEPHOLE, WINDOW, DOGGIE DOOR, ANYTHING.... NO ONE WOULD HAVE HAD TO GET KNOCKED ON THE HEAD OR SHOT!!!!! The real issue here, is that there are far far far too many stupid people in this world. Society has decided to coddle the weak and moronic, keeping natural selection from doing it's job. 'Tis ok though, what goes around comes around.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 1, 2011 at 03:07 AM
    Al, I see very few "bleeding heart liberals" on this post - more like 3 out of 20. Get your head out of your rear end and QUIT BLAMING EVERYTHING IN THE FREE WORLD ON the political party you oppose. Or better yet, open your ignorant eyes and READ what others are writing! Most folks agree with you, (to use YOUR term) "IDIOT" so quit trying to further your close-minded propaganda on a local news site. I hope you feel important and powerful now that your hate-filled words are on the internet for all to see. And don't hit me with the "free speech" thing cause I'm exercising mine too - to point out how much a part of the problem you are.
  • by TallyTrashTalks2 Location: Tallahassee on Jan 31, 2011 at 06:03 PM
    @BostonDave: Your warped bleeding heart is the reason we have repeat offenders in prisons! If this elderly man had not had a gun, these kids would have more than likely beaten him to death with the baseball bat. I'm sorry the old guy was not a better aim and didn't end their life of crime permanently!
  • by Bolillo Location: Wakulla on Jan 31, 2011 at 05:31 PM
    Boston Dave? What do you think the intent for the bat actually was? A little tap? A stun? And if these out of character children had succeeded, who was the next target. This old man is a Crime Stopper. Who did they "jack" before him? Why did they desperately need cash? This is act of dope heads. Now, they are headed for state funded rehab, like al lib's like you cry for. I can't believe this old codger opened the door anyway. But, when you're packing....Come 'on in boys!! Say 'ello to my leetle frien!!!!!
  • by al Location: tallahassee on Jan 31, 2011 at 04:45 PM
    I can't stand you bleeding heart liberals.If that had been me they probably would be dead. These idiots knew it was wrong. Nobody has the right to break in your home.What if it had been your home because you would't have a gun you would either be bad hurt or dead. IDIOT
  • by LEO Location: North FL on Jan 31, 2011 at 04:10 PM
    Wow, we need to see more of this. I agree for being hit in the head good shooting, but practice makes perfect. Next time I want to read, "Homeowner kills three intruders".
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114932569 - wctv.tv/a?a=114932569