Fla. Police: Teen Pistol-whipped Mom Over Car

By: CBS/Associated Press
By: CBS/Associated Press

(CBS/AP) FORT MYERS, Fla. - March 29, 2011 --

Authorities in southwest Florida say a 17-year-old girl pointed a gun at her mother, pistol-whipped her and forced her to drive to a dealership to buy her a used car.

The sheriff's office in Lee County said Monday that the teen has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, among other counts, and was being held at a juvenile detention center. The Associated Press doesn't identify minors charged with juvenile crimes.

According to officials, the mother said she didn't want to press charges because her daughter had been accepted to several Ivy League schools.

Authorities said they decided to arrest the teenager after learning that the gun had been stolen last year. The teen was not charged in that crime.

The teenager allegedly had her mother sign for a 2004 black Nissan 350Z. The girl left the dealership in the vehicle, according to local reports.

The mother told investigators she went through the teen's purse Friday while the girl was at school and located the gun, drugs and drug paraphernalia.

• by brian Location: va on Mar 31, 2011 at 09:02 AM
    A lot of people are saying that the girl in question is white. In reality she is of mixed decent, white mother philipino father. My girlfriend used to coach this girl in figure skating in VA before the family moved to FL. She was showing me pictures of the entire family last night. It' sad how people jump to conclusions all of the time. None of that matters. Any kid who points a gun at another person, much less their mother needs to be incarcerated. Another person wrote that a black parent would never turn their own kid in and then goes on to chastise others for their racism. This person is clearly posting from a very slanted view point which is VERY prejudiced.
      by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 01:47 PM in reply to brian
      Brian, are you refering to the post made by For Education on Mar 31, 2011 at 07:17 AM in reply to TIR ? If so, you are mistaken. If you read some of the posts made by the person being chastised, you would most certainly agree that it is well deserved.
  • by For Education on Mar 31, 2011 at 07:08 AM
    There is obvious drug abuse going on somewhere in this story. I agree somebody is the addict, but I don’t agree it is the daughter. I think it is the mother. I think she is dependent on her daughter and the daughter is going off to school and the mother is doing everything she can to stop her. All the evidence that can be corroborate, points to the daughter being a very driven hard working well respected student, there is no evidence that substantiates the mother claims that she is not. I feel it is the mother that is the addict. But I get why some of you guys don’t get it. If you didn’t grow up in an alcoholic home, it is hard for you to see the characteristic of it….it the mother, she is an addict.
  • by TIR on Mar 30, 2011 at 06:57 PM
    So many excuses for this white thug. Apparently her actions don't matter because she is white and should be pardoned for her actions. How pathetic you people are and even more pathetic because you truly believe the idiotic things you are posting. If this would have been a black person, under the exact same circumstances, the same people defending this white person's actions would be calling for the girl to be put in prison or commenting that the mother should have used the gun on the girl. Of course, those would be the nice things.
      by For Education on Mar 31, 2011 at 04:17 AM in reply to TIR
      If this had been a young black girl, with a black mother none of you would have believed this story the mother was telling. Because you know there is no way a black mother would go to a car dealership and buy a car for her child because the child was supposedly making her do so. If this mother was black, this lie would have never been reported to the police and you know it. Name me one black mother you know, that would go to the police department and lie on their own child. I can't think of one. TIR, you are an advocate against racism but your method of combating only adds to the problem. It is not effective You can not fix people, you can only fix you. You have to realize your contribution to the problem and fix that. You react, instead of resolving. You are obviously educated. But you are so consumed by racism it all you can see. It is all you can focus on. It consumes you, it is in your every thought and that constant negativism carries out in to your life, into your children lives. It does not benefit them. Stop putting your focus on trying to fix people, and put your focus on trying to fix you. Put your focus on trying to make you better and more successful and stop allowing your anger to rob you and your children of success.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 05:39 PM
    I know i just didnt post it correctly.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 05:13 PM
    JUST DUMB
  • by Seriously? on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    TIR: You are a racist idiot.
  • by shouldhavelockedherup on Mar 30, 2011 at 09:46 AM
    the mom didn't press charges because she was accepted to several Ivy League schools?! Yet they found the gun and drugs in her purse...sounds like an A student to me...:/
      by Anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 01:53 PM in reply to shouldhavelockedherup
      How many gun toting, drug addicts do you know. That maintian staight A all though 4 years of highschool?
  • by hearditontheradio Location: Florida on Mar 30, 2011 at 06:55 AM
    Exceptional self disipline? Really? Tell the truth you are her arent you!
      by Anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 09:53 AM in reply to hearditontheradio
      No, I am a supporter of education. It takes alot of self dicipline and good study habbits to be a straight A student.
        by hearditontheradio on Mar 30, 2011 at 05:38 PM in reply to
        You can be a supporter of education and i can agree that she used self disipline to get good grades. But she shows a fundamental flaw in her character to put herself in this situation. To me it sounds like you are excusing felony behavior b/c she has a bright future. I consider this a dangerous way to think. She will not even face consiquences because of this way of thinking. I mean really are you her mother or something?
          by For education on Mar 31, 2011 at 04:31 AM in reply to hearditontheradio
          No, I am not her mother. I don't believe the mother. The story states the mother made claims to the police that the daughter pistol whipped her, but then stated she didn't want to press charges because the daughter had several offers from ivy league schools and she didn't want to hurt her daughters future Then in the same breath she picked up the phone and called CBSs news. See the heading. I don't believe the mother when she saids she doesn't want to hurt the daughter’s future. I think she does. I think she doesn't want the daughter to leave home, and go to college and start a life without her. I think the mother doesn't want to be left behind. I think the mother is lying to keep her daughter home with her. I don’t believe the mother. I don’t believe the daughter pistols whipped her and I don’t believe the daughter is drug addict. I think the mother is lying about all of it.
  • by hearditontheradio Location: Floida on Mar 30, 2011 at 06:50 AM
    I heard she was some kind of asian.
      by Anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:46 PM in reply to hearditontheradio
  • by Why? Location: Tallahassee on Mar 30, 2011 at 05:57 AM
    I have two boys which are both bigger than I but they both know that if they EVER raise a hand to me they will get beaten like they are a stranger. I think something must be wrong with this story. I can't imagine a parent letting their child do that.
      by hearditontheradio on Mar 30, 2011 at 05:40 PM in reply to Why?
      She would have had to kill me.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118841534 - wctv.tv/a?a=118841534