Florida Woman Faces Animal Cruelty

By: AP
By: AP

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) --

A Jacksonville woman has been charged with animal cruelty after a dog left in her vehicle died.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office officials say 27-year-old Amanda
Foxwell left the dog inside her Chevy Cobalt with the windows
cracked about a quarter of an inch Friday. Authorities say the
woman had stopped by Jacksonville University to visit her mother.

According to an arrest report, the dog was unable to stand and
was panting when Foxwell returned to the car an hour and a half
later. She took the dog inside and tried to cool it down with
water, but the dog died.

She was charged with animal cruelty causing death and released
from the Jacksonville jail on Saturday.

The sheriff's report did not indicate the breed or other details
about the dog.

• by Evolved Location: Jacksonville on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Mahatma Gandhi
  • by Bolillo Location: Wakulla on May 24, 2011 at 04:02 AM
    May 21, I went into a store and in the parking lot was a car engine running so the A\C could keep a dog cool. NOW, the other side of the coin is just as r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. Gas @ $4 a gallon? This dog owner should be in jail. Owning a dog or cat is so expensive and useless, it just doesn't pan out. If all of the money wasted on pet (dog&cat)ownership was diverted to DCF or an orphanage, half of the jails would be empty. It should be against the law to own a dog or cat. And I am still, seriously, trying to find a way to kill my neighbors dog for barking all night while I am trying to sleep.
      by callout on May 24, 2011 at 05:57 AM in reply to Bolillo
      troll
      by Anonymous on May 24, 2011 at 06:15 AM in reply to Bolillo
      wow, this is probably the stupidest comment ever made. you need a happy meal, or a life change...something.
      by Internet Police on May 24, 2011 at 06:58 AM in reply to Bolillo
      Thank you for your frank comment. We are now monitoring your online use, as well as your physical address and your neighbor's pet, due to your admission of intent to commit murder. See you in stripes.
      by GV on May 24, 2011 at 11:13 AM in reply to Bolillo
      Ain't you an idiot.I leave my dog in the truck when I have to go anywhere with the engine running with the ac on.I don't care how much gas is.I work for a living and have no problem buying gas or taking care of my dog.And I would love to catch you trying to kill my dog or even your neighbor's dog.I guarrantee you that would would never be able to do it again.I have a very hungry aligator in the river at my house.And if your people would quit having children that they can't take care of then there would be no need for an orphanage,and if they would get a job and quit robbing and killing people there would be no need for a prison.
  • by RetiredMarine Location: Tallahassee on May 23, 2011 at 09:30 PM
    The biggest shame about it is that she is the target of more contempt and scorn by the morons castigating her than if she had killed a child. It was an animal and unintentional. Lets move on to something really important...
      by callout on May 24, 2011 at 05:59 AM in reply to RetiredMarine
      The fact that it was a helpless animal reflects on her. Also, I disagree with your assumption people would be less upset if it was a child.
      by Sadie on Jun 7, 2011 at 06:58 PM in reply to RetiredMarine
      You know....forget it. You aren't even worth commenting to, my only hope is that you are a Merchant Marine and not one of the US Marine Corps, because you sound like a total MORON yourself.
  • by Foxgloves on May 23, 2011 at 03:53 PM
    I can barely tolerate working in my yard, on these days when the temperature is over a 100 degrees. You can not possibly imagine what a pet or child suffers before death overtakes them, being locked in an oven of a car. She should have the maximum sentence and fine. Let mama do the work that Jacksonville University is paying her to do and stay away. Had she respected the employer, and stayed away and left the dog at home or in the yard, it would still be alive. She should be barred from having pets forever.
  • by Realist Location: Tallahassee on May 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM
    I would hope this woman is not jailed. I would hope that she is put in a car on a 90 degree day with the windows down a quarter of an inch and left for 90 minutes or so.
  • by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    Can we also charge all the people who drive around with their dogs in their laps with animal cruelty? It’s just as bad.
  • by Cows Rule Location: Lovett, Florida on May 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    Humans....geez
  • by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    lord knows its 90 degrees outside!
      by Angelica on May 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM in reply to
      And it is even hotter in the car.
  • by Angel on May 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    The dog should be removed from her and a loving family found for it..........
      by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 01:15 PM in reply to Angel
      The dog died, as a result of this!...That is why it is in the news...I'm just sayin'.
      by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 01:27 PM in reply to Angel
      read the story, the dog died.
  • by anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    eat the dog
      by Kitten on May 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM in reply to anonymous
      Anonymous on May 23, 2011 @ 2:03 PM - You are a pervert
      by Anonymous on May 23, 2011 at 01:26 PM in reply to anonymous
      stupid comment
      by callout on May 24, 2011 at 06:00 AM in reply to anonymous
      troll!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122445644 - wctv.tv/a?a=122445644