Giant Christmas Tree "Bursts" Through Roof of House

By: Candace Sweat Email
By: Candace Sweat Email

David Zimmerman lives with his girlfriend at their home at 2546 Emerald Ridge Loop.

Zimmerman says he thought it would be cool to show people what could happen when a stubborn husband refuses to get the right sized tree and insist on a giant one instead, but his tree isn't really over-sized. Zimmerman placed a nine-foot tree inside his living room, then placed a small, 3-foot tree on the rooftop.

He says he then got pieces of wood and shingles and placed them strategically around the small tree to make it look like it was bursting through the roof.

Zimmerman's neighbors say they were fooled the first time they saw it, and actually thought it was going through his roof.

• by JBaker Location: GVille on Dec 24, 2010 at 07:43 AM
    Haha I love it David! This Christmas tree is amazing, and congrats for making it on the news! Hope you are staying warm in Tally. Say hello to your girlfriend for me, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Miss you both!
  • by Aunt Becky Location: Holt, MI on Dec 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    Hi David - Your tree is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! What a funny/great idea. Hope you and the family have a wonderful Christmas and safe travels.
  • by Bryan S. Location: Tallahassee on Dec 22, 2010 at 01:01 PM
    Dave... I really have no idea how WCTV found out about your tree... really... I could never guess how they knew anything about this!! Really!! I'm serious!! ;o)
  • by Set Free on Dec 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    I did not mean to offend anyone with the first post I was speaking mainly to anonymous and not to the gentleman who put up the tree as that is the most awesome thing I have seen in awhile, and I only posted the first one because I think anonymous has it all wrong. Anyways Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New too! And I think Jesus is well pleased with the ones of us who is willing to stand up and defend His name I don't think He sees us as crazy at all, but someday when I get to heaven I will ask Him and apologize to Him if I am wrong for standing up for Him! And to David you go dude my hat is off to you that was a brilliant idea the only thing wrong with it is I didn't think of it first...LOL Just joking guy~ Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New! May God Bless you and your family always! Yours Respectfully, Set Free
  • by Lori Location: Altha on Dec 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    Happy Birthday Jesus...sometimes I wonder just what you think of all these crazies. Great idea with the tree coming through the roof...what fun!
  • by Set Free on Dec 22, 2010 at 09:57 AM
    To Anonymous: you are sadly mistaken my friend, there is a huge difference between being religious and being a follower of Christ! And I have no idea what you mean by His "religion" He does not have a religion and being a follower of Christ means that you are simply "SET FREE"! I have to agree that religion on its own no matter what religion it is can be taken to far and some people do take it to far. But don't hate cause I say I'm a follower of Christ because I AM NOT a religious freak, I am simply set free and a JESUS FREAK! Whatever this chaos, looting, disorder and fighting you are referring to has nothing to do with JESUS CHRIST, it may have something to do with someone taking their so claimed Christian religion to far, and if that is the case they may not be a Christian at all, as a follower of Jesus Christ shows love to the world no matter what and loves his neighbor as himself, and neighbor does not mean the guy living next door, it could be the homeless man on the street.
  • by Tally Girl Location: Tallahassee on Dec 22, 2010 at 09:53 AM
    David, that is awesome! I hope you, your girlfriend and families have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year! And, ignore all the ignorant posts!
  • by justme on Dec 22, 2010 at 09:38 AM
    The comment made about his religion has caused more chaos. It's satan and people that have caused all the chaos. Why do you celebrate his birth on December 25th when his birth didn't even take place then.? Read the account in the Bible @ Exodus 32:4-10 about the Israelites. Christmas was created by man for man not Christ.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 22, 2010 at 07:12 AM
    Savior of the world? His 'religion' has caused more chaos, looting, disorder and fighting than ALL other causes combined.
  • by Sha Location: LO on Dec 22, 2010 at 07:12 AM
    I love it! This looks so cool! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! GOD BLESS!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112292399 - wctv.tv/a?a=112292399