MIAMI (AP) --
Gov. Rick Scott says he's reallocating state transportation funds to pay the full $77 million cost of a dredging project in Miami so larger ships can enter the port.
The Republican governor made the announcement Friday in Miami.
Scott said, who ran on a job creation platform last year, said
the project would result in 30,000 new jobs.
The governor's office did not immediately explain where the
money will come from.
Scott made the announcement shortly after formally rejecting
$2.4 billion in federal money for an Orlando-Tampa high-speed rail
line that was expected to create at least 24,000 jobs.
He was joined for the announcement by U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and
U.S. Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart and David Rivera, all South Florida