[UPDATE] Tallahassee, Florida - April 26, 2011 - 8am
This morning around 5am, 7 units from the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a reported kitchen fire in the 3500 Block of Carrington Drive. Firefighters arrived to heavy smoke and fire coming from the home.
According to the resident, their daughter was preparing to cook and left a pan unattended on the stove. The fire spread from the kitchen to the attic and caused extensive damage to the rest of the home. Two of the residents were transported to a local hospital for further evaluation for possible smoke inhalation.
No other injuries were reported during the incident.
Tallahassee, Florida - April 26, 2011 -
A grease fire in the kitchen of a Tallahassee home in the 3500 block of Carrington Drive leads to thousands of dollars in damage.
According to a Tallahassee Fire spokesman, the fire started at around 4 o'clock this morning in the kitchen. The Tallahassee Fire Department got the call at about 5, and by the time crews arrived on scene, the fire had developed into a fully involved house fire. Three people were in the home at the time, two were transported to the local hospital, and all of them are in stable condition.
"Damage estimates right now are in the neighborhood of 150-thousand dollars. The fire started in the kitchen, spread to the attic and down the hallways, of course," says Travis Oaks with TFD.
While some areas of the home were destroyed by the flames, the entire home was damaged by the smoke. Most of the damage is located on the back side of the house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.