Tuesday afternoon (12-7) at 12:21pm, the Tallahassee Fire Department was called to the 5300 Block of Touraine Drive to investigate smoke in the attic.
Firefighters found a small fire caused by shorted electrical equipment in the heating system. The fire caused minor damage to the home and was contained to the area of where it started.
The resident reported hearing a popping sound from the attic and smelled smoke.
Damage is estimated at $10,000. No injuries were reported during the incident.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.