Hygiene for the Homeless

By: Amy Long
By: Amy Long

Jordan Tranberg, a second year TCC student and his Royal Entertainment Productions team, put together hygiene bags for the homeless.

Tranberg says he got the idea sitting next to a homeless man on a bus who asked for some toothpaste. He says he quickly remembered when he had no place to go.

"It's hard when you have to sneak into Greyhound and act like you're waiting for a bus just to go into the bathroom and sneak soap to bathe, or when you have to steal tooth brushes and tooth paste from Walmart. It's really hard." says Tranberg.

The group was able to help 124 people with goodie bags filled with unused tooth brushes, tooth past, soap, and other hygiene products.

• by Jordan Location: Tallahassee on May 23, 2011 at 07:38 AM
    To TMI4me....if you want to help out, just let us know in an email at royentpro@ymail.com or go to our website (currently under construction) at www.wix.com/royentpro/royal-entertainment-production
  • by TMI4me Location: Tallahassee on May 20, 2011 at 09:52 AM
    "Jordan" how can others help in this cause?
  • by x-homeless Location: fl on May 20, 2011 at 08:37 AM
    a 6pack of bud would have been even better.
  • by Lady in the blue van! Location: United States on May 20, 2011 at 07:07 AM
    It does me good to see someone reach out to the community.I was homeless as well but when I moved into my home I decided to cook breakfast and take to the shelter.I cant afford the gas to travel there now but hopefully a blessing will come my way to allow me to do so again.
  • by Caring Location: Tallahassee on May 20, 2011 at 06:48 AM
    The Salvation Army does this for the homeless on a daily basis.
  • by Anonymous on May 20, 2011 at 05:09 AM
    wow, this is so encouraging. i think its time tallahassee stop treating the homeless like they are a different breed of human. what a great idea.
  • by Jordan Location: Tallahassee on May 19, 2011 at 08:11 PM
    Thank you to all the volunteers and doners who helped make this possible!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122272509 - wctv.tv/a?a=122272509