I-10 Crash Sends Two To TMH

UPDATE 10:40 P.M. May 14, 2012 --

At 10:00 p.m. Monday night, TMH says that both Wendy and James Cross are listed in fair condition.

-----------------------------

Madison County, FL -- May 14, 2012 --

At about 4:00 p.m. Monday afternoon Florida Highway Patrol responded to an accident near mile marker 245 on I-10.

Wendy Cross, 49, and her husband James Cross, 47 of Crestview Florida were traveling on the westbound lane. Wendy lost control of her vehicle because of the rainy wet conditions on the road. The 2003 Ford Explorer drove off the north shoulder before striking a tree on the driver's side.

Madison County fire and EMS responded to the scene. Responders took about 90 minutes to free Wendy from the vehicle using the jaws-of-life.

Wendy was LifeFlighted to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital while her husband James was taken by ambulance.

Sgt. Stewart Smith of the FHP says both westbound lanes were closed down but are now reopen.

• by GK Location: Elkhart on May 18, 2012 at 08:39 PM
    Ammo will come get you anonymouse so be careful when you flap your lips.
  • by Sarah Location: Smiley on May 17, 2012 at 08:27 AM
    James Cross, the reason the tacky and hurtful comments are done by anonymous users is because they know they are being tacky and hurtful. Please focus on your parents and don't give those hateful people's opinions another thought. They aren't worth your time. Your parents are in my prayers.
  • by Anon on May 16, 2012 at 04:27 PM
    Anonymous below is correct. Doesn't look to me like a personal attack. Just pointing out the fact that competent drivers who are paying attention don't cause wrecks.
  • by james andrew cross Location: crestview on May 16, 2012 at 09:31 AM
    They are my parents, anybody got a problem or something smart to say......let me know because If u got something uncalled forward to say u should be the one in their position
  • by Anonymous on May 15, 2012 at 06:45 PM
    Absolutely all crashes should be all over the news to illustrate the effects of incompetent drivers.
  • by sherry Location: madison on May 15, 2012 at 05:19 PM
    accidents should not be shown on the news the family members are already going through enough pain and seeing the vechicles especially when a death occurs is the only thing the family can see when they close there eyes .And the children do not get over it for years .Just saying it happened to me and it is something that should not be shown
      by Anonymous on May 16, 2012 at 06:19 AM in reply to sherry
      communists believe in censorship also
  • by DoFrank Location: Tallahassee on May 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    I10 and madison COunty is like the Bermuda Triangle for traffic accidents and fatalities. Authorities ought to examine the road surfce, the 'boring' drive aspects, whatever is taking peoples minds off of safety and leasding them to crash. I avoid Madison Co/I10 if i can.
  • by mike on May 15, 2012 at 09:49 AM
    Maybe if Ben would sit his deputies out there to enforce safety laws instead of hi-jacking cash, there would be less accidents.
      by SNA on May 16, 2012 at 05:22 AM in reply to mike
      I disagree. Local cops need to serve their location citizens, not patrolling an interstate.
  • by SNA on May 15, 2012 at 07:46 AM
    There seems to be quite a few accidents along I-10 in Madison County lately. I've been through there numerous times and don't remember anything inherently dangerous about it.
      by MK on May 15, 2012 at 09:29 AM in reply to SNA
      In this particular case the article says it was the rain. I was actually on 1-10 at 4 pm yesterday (the same time as the accident according to the article) and I had to slow way down because the rain was so heavy I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of the car. There were several cars flying past me and others who were going slow and those people were going fast enough to easily drive off the road and into a tree.
      by A on May 15, 2012 at 09:55 AM in reply to SNA
      I almost died along this stretch of I-10 in 2005 (I was passenger, not driver). It was about 1:30 in afternoon, going right at/below speed limit, VERY light rain, car in front of us overcorrected and started spinning; then we tried to dodge and we spun off road, went airborne over ditch and slammed into tree straight backwards. That's the only reason we are alive, because if it had been head on, who knows. I could still see our clothes from the backseat dangling at the top of the pine trees 5 years later. The trunk of the tree was touching the center console between the driver and passenger seats. The difference - it used to not make the news because it's really not newsworthy. We didn't have drugs, we weren't driving crazy so it used to not get reported. It can happen to anyone, but I guess reporting it raises awareness. Jaws of Life Life Flight = BREAKING NEWS
        by SNA on May 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM in reply to A
        Rain certainly contributes, I've experienced those kinds of issues before in a nearby state. Thank you for sharing your stories.
  • by Anonymous on May 15, 2012 at 07:42 AM
    Bet the ambulance beat the helicopter.
      by Vee on May 15, 2012 at 07:53 AM in reply to
      Of course the ambulance got to the hospital first if it took 90 minutes to free her from the car.
      by nawsman on May 16, 2012 at 07:22 PM in reply to
      You know even a competent drivers can have accidents, so mr/ms anon you need to get your facts straight, my prayers go out to the cross family
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151461755 - wctv.tv/a?a=151461755