Jarian Lyons is Someone You Should Know

By: Lee Gordon Email
By: Lee Gordon Email

Tallahassee, FL - Jarian Lyons loves his job as a lawyer at Parks and Crump. It's what he went to school at FAMU for. But his real passion lies beyond the courtroom and it all started thanks to, of all people, Tom Cruise.

Jones says, "The decision to be an agent started when I was 16 and I saw Jerry McGuire. When that movie came out I said, I want to do that."

Like Jerry, Jarian went to law school as a way to break into the agent business. Right now, his firm, Lyons Sports Management is small with three clients, but it's quickly building steam.

Isaac West, former FAMU wide receiver, says, "He's a great support and a great guy. I follow him and he'll lead the way."

Former FAMU receiver Issac West is one of Lyon's clients. The two are hoping to convince teams that his body of work is good enough to earn a spot on an NFL roster.

"This business is about personal relationships and swagger and confidence. Who wants them to represent you if you aren't confident."

Lyons says being a lawyer and an agent is pretty much the same. You are constantly trying to convince someone of your point, constantly working a room, and to his clients, like Jerry McGuire, Jarian Lyons truly is the master of kwan.

"Do you sit in your chair and scream show me the money?"

"Sometimes," says Jones laughing.

• by Renae Location: Tallahassee on Mar 28, 2011 at 07:24 AM
    AWESOME! Enjoy every single moment!
  • by Kamilah Jolly Location: Orlando, Fl on Mar 28, 2011 at 06:44 AM
    OMG, this is totally Awesome!!!!
  • by Collis Location: Pensacola on Mar 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    As a small boy, Jarian has always had a good head.He will go far. Stay focus and your company will go far
  • by I know him Location: Tally on Mar 24, 2011 at 08:40 AM
    Jarian, I am very Proud of You..Keep up the Good Work !! -AJ
  • by Trinetta Fisher Lyons Location: Tallahassee, FL on Mar 24, 2011 at 07:46 AM
    Great story on you Mr. Lyons! Stay prayed up and as the story states, "Your client roster will pick up steam."
  • by Trinetta Fisher Lyons Location: Tallahassee, FL on Mar 24, 2011 at 07:43 AM
  • by Ren on Mar 24, 2011 at 07:26 AM
    Hey Jarian continued success and as long as you stay FOCUSED you will continue to move forward,
  • by Anonymous on Mar 24, 2011 at 06:46 AM
    Looks like he won't be working on any contracts with the NFL unless everyone can get their act together.
      by Anonymous on Mar 24, 2011 at 08:42 AM in reply to
      It is only a matter of time.
  • by Janice Location: Southerland on Mar 24, 2011 at 06:24 AM
    I am just floored at what people will do to build their reputation up so quickly. I have known of the individual mentioned and trust me, he just doing this for attention and limelight.
  • by Tiffany Mount Location: Tallahassee on Mar 24, 2011 at 04:48 AM
    Keep up the great work Jarian. It is great that you have embarked on a career that you are very passionate about. I wish you much success.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118553289 - wctv.tv/a?a=118553289