Jimbo and Candi Fisher Ask For Prayers For Son

By: Eyewitness News; AP Email
By: Eyewitness News; AP Email

Tallahassee, Florida - April 1, 2011 --

Statement From FSU Football Head Coach Jimbo Fisher:

"Candi and I ask for your prayers as our family is dealing with a very
personal matter concerning the health of our youngest child. We ask that
you please respect our privacy as we deal with this as a family. We will
rely on our faith, our immediate family as well as the entire Seminole
family as we face these challenges in the coming months. With the right
medical care and the proper optimistic approach, we are confident of
positive results."

------------------

Tallahassee, FL (AP) - The 5-year-old son of Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher is facing an arduous treatment schedule after being diagnosed with a rare blood disorder.

In a statement released by the university Friday, Fisher said he was hopeful an optimistic approach and good medical care would yield a positive result. The second-year Florida State coach missed practice Tuesday while traveling with his youngster to an out-of-town medical appointment. Fisher asked for prayers and privacy as he and his wife, Candi, help son Ethan cope with the situation. Ethan is the youngest of the couple's two boys.

Fisher told his team Friday about the challenges his family faces over the next several months. Florida State is midway through its spring practices and just two weeks from its annual spring game.

• by Mike Location: West Virginia on Apr 6, 2011 at 04:08 PM
    West Virginia send it's prayers. God Bless.
  • by Seminole Fan Location: Tally on Apr 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    Coach Fisher, I know you will seek the best medical care available where ever it is. And yes, Gainesville does have a fantastic medical program,they saved my husbands life. Our prayers for healing are with your little man!
  • by Faith on Apr 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    Mr Fisher I hope your sons does well. A lot of people our pooling for him. Keep your faith. God does remarkable things. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. and don't give up.
  • by Tom Location: Clarksville on Apr 4, 2011 at 09:18 AM
    being a huge florida gator fan will not prevent me from joining the seminole nation in praying for coach fisher's son.
  • by Larry the cable GUY Location: Tallahassee on Apr 3, 2011 at 06:26 AM
    To TIR: It is a sad day for your parents realizing they raised such an insensitive son. God loves us all, even the wretched ignorant person that you grew up to become. To the Fisher Family, I have said my prayers and asked God to give your family strength. I also offer encouragement as I learned with my little one they can be very resilient. Now, I am off to pray for TIR as he is in dire need. Indeed.
  • by Gator fan? Location: Tally on Apr 2, 2011 at 08:12 PM
    I wonder of they discovered he is a gator fan. I understand this is incureable. Seriously, I pray for the little guy.
  • by Jason Location: PSJ on Apr 2, 2011 at 07:54 PM
    It hurts my heart anytime a family has to experience things like this. Take care of your little boy coach and may God be with you and your family.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 2, 2011 at 07:35 PM
    Jimbo my thoughts and prayers are with your family what ever is wrong with your son, keep your faith and prayer changes things.
  • by On the inside Location: Tallahassee on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    What difference does it make WHERE they get care - getting the highest quality of care is all parents can focus on when it concerns the health of their child.
  • by Noles Fan Location: Tallahassee on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    @ Noleless...what does Universities or teams have to do with his son's being provided medical care. No, I don't like Florida Gators, but I took my son there because they provided better treatment there than right here in Tallahassee. Just pray for Coach and his family and stop being so negative and ignorant. As for Coach and his family, my prayers are with you all and may God continue to watch over your son. Just continue to pray and believe that God will see you and your family through these trials.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119079704 - wctv.tv/a?a=119079704