[UPDATE] LCSO Investigating Serious Crash

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Updated 11/22 at: 9:08 a.m.

LCSO has issued a statement:

On Friday, November 19, 2010 the Leon County Sheriff’s Office responded to a traffic crash on State Road 20 near the intersection of Ben Stoutamire Road. The preliminary crash investigation has revealed that a 1998 Dodge Caravan driven by Gerhard Hofbauer, 59, was traveling east on State Road 20. A 2005 Yamaha motorcycle being driven by Jason Sulewski, 23, was stopped on State Road 20, waiting to turn onto Ben Stoutamire Road. As the van approached the intersection, it collided with the motorcycle from behind.

Sulewski was transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital with life threatening injuries. On Sunday evening, November 21, 2010 Sulewski died from the injuries sustained in the crash. An autopsy is scheduled for today.

The circumstances surrounding this crash are still under investigation.

______________________________________________________

Updated 11/20 at: 11:18 a.m.

As of 11:00 a.m. Saturday, the Leon County Sheriff's Office says, there is nothing new to report in the investigation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tallahassee, FL - LCSO deputies are still on the scene of a serious traffic accident in Tallahassee.

Deputies say a van and a motorcycle collided on Highway 20 near Stoudamire road at around 6:40 pm.

Deputies say the person on the motorcycle was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in critical condition. There's no word as to the condition of the driver of the van.

The names of those involved in the traffic accident have not yet been released.

WCTV will bring you more information as it becomes available.

• by Sara Location: Tallahassee on Nov 23, 2010 at 07:17 AM
    I am so sorry for the loss of this young man. Just last month, I lost my cousin in a motorcycle accident. He was 27 yrs old. As in this case, my cousin was not at fault. My prayers are with Jason's family. God Bless.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 23, 2010 at 05:32 AM
    There is no such thing as an accident, someone is always at fault.
  • by Cheryl Location: Florida on Nov 22, 2010 at 05:51 PM
    Felicia Location: Tallahassee on Nov 22, 2010 at 09:48 AM....This was NOT an ACCIDENT. It was a WRECK !! Accidents are unavoidable and you have no control. THe van driver was not paying attention therefore causing a "wreck"!! While I know he feels terrible for what happen but this was NO accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Selewski family and the van driver as well. I hope this is a lesson to everyone....PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by alynn on Nov 22, 2010 at 04:59 PM
    i would like to thank you all for the prayers for my brother jason, please keep his mom and wife and the family in your thoughts, my little brother will be missed by so many again thank you
  • by crskirkland Location: Chipley on Nov 22, 2010 at 04:37 PM
    I worked with Jason. He was such a wonderful, bright young man and a total pleasure to work with. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. As for his work family...our hearts are broken and will be for a very long time. RIP Jason.
  • by Betsy Location: Blountstown, Florida on Nov 22, 2010 at 03:34 PM
    Such a sad thing for those of us left behind. Jason was a wonderful person with a beautiful soul. My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to his family and friends. Let this be a reminder to each of us that we are not assured of another moment on this earth... our time is limited...none of us are immortal. We should all use our time wisely and be cautious of and courteous to our fellow mankind. Jason, may you rest comfortably in the arms of the angels. I pray God's loving arms will cradle your family, dry their tears and heal their hearts.
  • by Tracy Location: formerly Bainbridge, Ga on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    To the Sulewski family, my heart goes out to you in this time 1st Michael and now Jason I know Michael was awaiting with his arms open to welcome Jason and I pray that you are comforted knowing he is in a better place now.
  • by Jay on Nov 22, 2010 at 09:17 AM
    my ,my my ,,so sad ---what was the driver of the van doing ,,,had his head up his behind ..
  • by Felicia Location: Tallahassee on Nov 22, 2010 at 06:48 AM
    Drivers, pay attention!! Motorcycles are sharing the road. Accidents like this can be avoided if you just focus on driving, not your cell phone, the radio or the kids in the back seat. My deepest sympathy.
  • by nonstick Location: tallahassee on Nov 22, 2010 at 06:37 AM
    How sad, prayers to the Jason and his family and friends and prayers to the driver of the van and his family. I am sure this has weighed heavy on his heart.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 109350454 - wctv.tv/a?a=109350454