Local Auto Shop Holds Free Clinic for Women

By: Candace Sweat Email
By: Candace Sweat Email

Many women say they were motivated to attend because they're fed up with scenarios like the one this woman faced.

"I went in for an oil change one time and left with a $550 brake job."

The Super Lube on Thomasville Road hosted it's first Women's Car Care Clinic for the new year on Wednesday night.

About 50 women showed up to get free lessons on oil changes, engine repair, and other commonly recurring maintenance issues.

Organizers says they want women to walk away from the clinic feeling informed and empowered.

The company typically has women's clinics once a month at various Super Lube locations in Tallahassee.

For more information on these clinics visit www.superlube.com.

• by boy Location: country on Jan 20, 2011 at 09:55 AM
    who put your filter in
  • by HMA on Jan 20, 2011 at 09:18 AM
    This sounds like a good idea. My wife has been ripped off by shady service guys before. As far as oil change intervals go, many new engines can go much farther than 3,000 miles especially if using synthetics. If you are still under warrantee, do it like the manual says.
  • by Lisa Location: Tallahassee on Jan 20, 2011 at 08:06 AM
    I went to the car clinic last night and it was very informative. Yes it was to market themselves, but when it comes to knowing the difference between all the different resevoires under the hood, and being told that I can actually get away with not having my oil changed for 4K miles, it was worth the 2 hours there eating free food and walking away with a free oil change gift card. And it put the saying "you get what you pay for" into perspecitve on some car issues.
  • by Bo Location: Tally on Jan 20, 2011 at 06:41 AM
    Great marketing and a good idea. Inform the customer in a class setting, build trust, form relationships and give out coupons. Good for you SuperLube, but why only women. Have a class for the many men who are not car guys and only know how to put gas in the car and go. There are many out there. Get at them!!
  • by ladybug33 Location: tallahassee on Jan 20, 2011 at 06:25 AM
    I attended one in Crawfordville at the Super Lube, it was most informative and really fun. I learned alot about my auto and I was very happy I attended. For attending they gave out coupons for service ,which was a great perk.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 20, 2011 at 06:00 AM
    How can any company hold a ladies day that makes there managers meet goals in order to get bonuses all this does is encourage over selling by your employee's generally the ladies are the first one to get taking advantage of in these cases. Go back to old ownership that didnt take advantage.
  • by ladybug33 Location: tallahassee on Jan 20, 2011 at 05:46 AM
  • by don Location: tallahasee on Jan 20, 2011 at 04:59 AM
    this a great idea to inform women! but they are doing a injustice to most customers. per manufactures most new cars use sythetic oils so cars do not need oil changes every 3thousand miles nor do the manufactures endorse fluid flushes!!!!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 20, 2011 at 04:38 AM
    Super Lube??? Any auto service center that advertises "Ladies Day" is a warning sign to stay away!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114250234 - wctv.tv/a?a=114250234