LCSO: Local Man Arrested for Animal Cruelty

By: LCSO Release
By: LCSO Release

Tallahassee, Florida --

In early September, 2010 the Leon County Sheriff’s Office and the Leon County Division of Animal Control responded to 533 Norman Drive in reference to numerous dogs living in poor conditions. When they arrived, authorities discovered 25 pit bull terriers living in unsanitary conditions. 24 of the 25 dogs had no access to clean water. In addition, 12 of the 25 dogs had untreated medical conditions and many displayed evidence of prior fighting, including both new and old scarring.

The dogs were seized by Leon County’s Division of Animal Control. Subsequent examinations and assessments determined 15 of the animals were too aggressive and have been euthanized.

Detectives obtained warrants for the arrest of Arturo Lugisse, 27. On Saturday, October 23, 2010 Lugisse turned himself in at the Leon County Jail. Lugisse is currently out on bond.

Stay with WCTV for details.

• by Annoniem on Dec 20, 2011 at 04:09 PM
    All of you that don't know squat, shut up
  • by Ray Location: Tallahassee on Mar 29, 2011 at 03:37 PM
    He is NOT an American and is here as a foreign student. His Dad is also into shady deals but they will all be caught one day....God is not asleep here !
  • by Calienta Solize Location: Tallahassee on Nov 8, 2010 at 06:52 PM
    Which judge let him out on bond? People like this have ZERO empathy and do not contribute to society in any way. I wonder how he would treat his children who depend on him-chances are with great neglect. 15 dogs who were 100% dependent on him lost their lives-and 10 others who knows what their future holds-if they get adopted in time and by the right people- in order to have one. This has happened too much in this town and it is time to properly punish and set an example to anyone who is currently engaging in animal neglect/cruelty or those who may do this in the future. Judges and prosecuters, are you listening???
  • by j on Oct 27, 2010 at 07:50 AM
    carola be shocked if you want, poor or not he could have made sure they had WATER. most didn't have any. some needed medical care.I HAVE 4 reg dogs and IT is a shame to even know that someone can let something that is alive not have the basic care needed. I DON'T really like pitts but I STILL don't care for anyone who could treat them that way. A DOG is a pet. It has feelings,hurts,gets hunger pains wants to be loved just like a human does. TO treat them like this is not only a crying shame,but a crime in GOD'S EYE. Weather or not he gets it big time here on earth for this, HE WILL GET IT LATER WHEN GOD TAKES CARE OF HIM.OF this I TRUELY BELIVE.
  • by doglover#1 on Oct 26, 2010 at 03:25 PM
    look here the public only knows what is reported and nothing more. Just because the guy was arrested dosent mean he is guilty. I personally dont know the man but jsut because his name is spelled differently does not mean he is not an American citizen. He will have his day in court, and on that day he will be judged, but who are we to judge him now.
  • by carola on Oct 26, 2010 at 02:16 PM
    I am shocked! He is a verty gentle man; I would never suspect this of him.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 26, 2010 at 07:30 AM
    The state looks at pets as if they are property. So the justice system see my pet dog the same as it sees my TV, or kitchen table. If someone kills my dog, all I can sue for is the value of the property (dog). If I decided that my TV was broken and took it out back and took a sledge hammer to it, it would be OK according to the justice system (it is my property). If I took a sledge hammer to my dog shouldn't it be the same, I mean it is just property.
  • by Jody Location: Tallahassee on Oct 26, 2010 at 06:29 AM
    They're not only dogs, if you ever owned and loved a pitbull or any dog for that matter u would understand that. The sad thing is no body saw those poor Pitties and the condition they were in, They so wanted to love someone but because of the abuse they suffered were to scared. The plight of the American pitbull terrier in this day in age is tragic. I want to Thank my friend Buddy for pushing the matter and LCSO for following through. Pitbulls are not the problem its the endless supply of scum bags that abuse and breed them. If you really want to help Pitbulls in need we could really use your help at the Tallahassee Animal Shelter or Mikes Dog House.
  • by Will Location: Tally on Oct 25, 2010 at 02:18 PM
    I understand that animal cruelty is wrong but come on folks they are only dogs. There are people in this world that treat animals better than they do other people and that I can not understand. Yes he should be punished but come on not euthanized!
  • by Ponyluv Location: FL on Oct 25, 2010 at 02:03 PM
    So what happens to the 10 dogs that are left? Will the top of the ASPCA challenge TLCASC try to find homes for them? I fear those 10 dogs hidden in the back rooms will be dead soon as this trial is terminated, probably for "agression" too.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105704123 - wctv.tv/a?a=105704123