[UPDATE] Local Man Dies After Being Stabbed in the Chest

By: Jerry Askin Email
By: Jerry Askin Email

UPDATE 03-29-2011 at 6:35pm by Jerry Askin

Autopsy results are back showing that a Chattahoochee man died as a result of a domestic stabbing incident. Now his family wants to see his girlfriend behind bars.

Weeks after a man is killed, family members say they're still awaiting justice after what they describe as an unfortunate loss.

Dickey's niece Lucresha Baker says, "She's taken a life, so we actually want her to be arrested."

Dickey's brother Calvin Dickey says, "Can't nothing bring him back but justice, maybe he can rest in peace if we get some justice done."

Chattahoochee Police say preliminary autopsy results reveals that 44-year old Larry Dickey died earlier this month after his girlfriend Martina McClay stabbed him in the chest.

The case is now in the State Attorney's Office for further investigation, but family members want officials to make what they call the right decision.

Dickey's niece Jamerica Smith says, "To me, no one seems to be concerned about my uncle except the family, and I would like for them to step up to the plate and show some concern. What if it was their brother, or their uncle, or their son, act the same way you would act if it was someone some kin to you."

Dickey's family says McClay should be put behind bars until a jury or judge makes a decision in the case.

Calvin Dickey says, "She walking around free as me and I don't think that's right. I think she should be locked up."

Loved ones say the autopsy supports their theory.

Lucresha Baker says, "Now that it's back and they're saying he actually died from the stabbing and there's still no arrest and we just want answers."

We did try to get in contact with McClay to get her side of the story.. We spoke with someone claiming to be her mother and she told me they did not want to comment.

The state attorney's office say it's now in their hands, but they would not comment on whether McClay will face any charges. We'll keep you updated as more becomes available.
______________________________________________________
An autopsy done Thursday will help police determine if a local woman will be charged in the death of her boyfriend. Police say Martina McClay of Chattahoochee stabbed her boyfriend in the chest and he died days later.

Chattahoochee Police say they've been called out several times for domestic violence incidents involving Martina McClay and her boyfriend Larry Dickey. But now police are investigating if the stabbing death was done in self defense or if there was criminal intent.

Family members and friends gather in Chattahoochee, mourning the death of Larry Dickey.

Dickey's niece Jamerica Smith says, "He's not an abusive person, so I don't know what could have brought this on."

Dickey's brother, Calvin Dickey says, "I just want justice for my brother."

Justice is the what the Dickey family says they're hoping for. Last Thursday, Chattahoochee police say Martina McClay stabbed her 44-year old boyfriend Larry Dickey in the chest at a home on Crawfish Island Road. Police say it happened during a verbal dispute. Dickey went to the hospital that day and died Wednesday.

Chattahoochee police chief Vann Pullen says, "Determining the cause of death for Mr. Dickey will help us to see if it's directly related to the stab wound or or if this is a medical situation that arose from his treatment at the hospital."

But family and friends say McClay's actions are what led to Dickey being in the hospital and she needs to be held accountable.

Friend of the family Morris McNealy says, "When you take a person's life, that's a person's life. And I really feel like she should be charged."

Dickey's niece Rastia Glynn says, "She took a life that no one can bring back."

Family members say nothing will bring Larry back, but they hope justice will be done.

Dickey's son, Larico Dickey says, "I just think about my daddy and why this had to happen to him."

We are still waiting on those autopsy results. We also tried to track down McClay to get her side of the story, but had no success today.

We will keep you updated on any new developments. Stay tuned to WCTV.TV for the latest on that information.

• by childhood friend Location: chattahoochee on Mar 30, 2011 at 07:58 AM
    its so sad that unity doesnt exist in our community . people would rather throw punches instead of gather for praise . families lifes continue to be changed in this county and no one is stepping up to the plate as community leaders to combat the problem . its bigger than larry and martina . these pastors and preachers and city officials must take our concerns to the streets where the people are . they dont enforce kids going to school so whats a restraining order to our police. its time for us as a community to unite . death again just a different family its sad . love larry ( R.I.P.) lorenzo dickey .............
  • by FAMILYPAIN on Mar 16, 2011 at 06:45 PM
    THIS MESSAGE IS 4 ANONYMOUS 7:38 MARCH 12. IT'S MIGHTY FUNNY HOW YOU CAN DEFEND A KILLER. UR JUST AS DUMB AS U SOUND. WE'RE HURT TO LOOSE A LOVED 1 BUT GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH. MAY U B BLESSED AND TELL YO HOMEBOY LUCIFER TO TIGHTEN UP. YALL LOSING THIS BATTLE OF GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by Lanytra Location: Chattahoochee on Mar 16, 2011 at 06:12 AM
    Larry and I were together some years back and we never had an issue of domestic violence. We both had our faults but never to the result of anything physical. Every relationship is different and some can bring out different attributes of a person. If you as a woman CHOOSE to hit a man than CHOOSE to get hit back. The relationship is what YOU make it. Either good or bad. We are not here to judge and we can't judge anyone only God can do that. Larry was sent home to Glory yestersday and it was truly hard to let him go but I know he's in a much better place. He defintely holds a special place in my heart and always will. Larry you will truly be miss. Love Ya!!
  • by Robert Vickers Location: Washington,DC on Mar 15, 2011 at 09:37 PM
    Larry was my childhood friend he worked with my mother before she passed,she always talked about how respectful and genuine larry were. If you are being judgmental please stop and try to pray for both family..
  • by J Rod Location: Ga on Mar 15, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    I've worked and hung out with Larry for years and know that the good Lord above's judgement is the only one that will count. Larry, you were truly one of a kind and will be missed greatly. Can't believe you're gone. Love you bruh.
  • by Bruce Booth Location: Queens, NY on Mar 15, 2011 at 09:50 AM
    Mr. Larry Dickey, A friend, I will miss you. My condolences and prayers go out to the Dickey Family. Peace and Love, Always.
  • by chattahoochee for life Location: chattahoochee florida on Mar 14, 2011 at 06:53 PM
    Wow some of you all need to learn how to spell!!! Only God knows what really went on,Larry, and the "KILLER"! Larry was a cool person;simpleminded people need to wake up! RIP Larry Dickey we love you man! Praying for the family;be strong!
  • by gadsden county on Mar 14, 2011 at 02:30 PM
    i here everybodys concern about her being abused ,but have you every though about her abusihg him .i dont no larry .but i do know martina well
  • by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2011 at 02:28 PM
    Thank you farawayfriend for the comments. Its hard to get out of an abusive relationship especially when the other person has very little self esteem. It's really sad though when it ends in someone dying. I am just so sick how one was such an angel and how the other was the bad guy. There is no good buy or bad guy in this picture,Only vicitms!
  • by farawayfriend on Mar 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    Since everyone is putting there two cents in, here is mine. Getting out of a battered relationship is difficult, but there are ways to do it. There are posts on here saying that the young lady LOVED Larry, but how much did she LOVE HERSELF. And the same goes for Larry. We have to realize LOVE isn't about who can punch the hardest, or if you love me you won't do anything without me, of if you love me then you won't talk to anyone else, etc. Love is just want it is, it is a feeling that you have for someone that makes you want to be with them, care for them, not hurt them. So for everyone that is saying she loved him, he loved her... did either of them love themselves? Because if so, then things wouldn't have gotten this far. I am deeply saddened by the loss of Larry, and I send a sincere pray for his family. I also pray for the young lady and her family. May God have mercy on both of their souls and rocks their families in his LOVING arms. Peace be with you all and may GOd bless
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117767043 - wctv.tv/a?a=117767043