Local School Says Goodbye to Beloved Crossing Guard

By: Matt Galka Email
By: Matt Galka Email

Tallahassee, FL -- May 29, 2012 --

School's out for the day, but this street crossing at Kate Sullivan Elementary still feels more empty than it should. That's because beloved crossing guard Robert Frazier passed away because of a stroke Sunday.

"I've been at Kate Sullivan for seven years, and since the day I arrived, he waved at me everyday, he waved at everyone everyday!" said special education teacher Denise Dennis.

Frazier was affectionately known as "Mr. Robert" by both students and adults alike. He was also known as a friend to many.

"He was a down to Earth guy, a modest fellow. He wasn't very boastful, but he was humble, and like I said, he was always willing to listen to you," remembered Jonathan Williams, a paraprofessional with the school.

Now a longtime friend of Frazier's mans his crosswalk. He admits that it won't be easy without Mr. Robert.

"Felt like I lost my brother, like he was just right next to me there. It kinda hurt and it still kinda hurt me now. But we all got to leave here one day," said fellow crossing guard Frank Walker.

Now, no matter how many people walk across this crosswalk, it will forever be missing Robert Frazier.

• by Nicole Location: Tallahassee, Fl on May 30, 2012 at 07:34 PM
    Mr. Robert was a great man. When he wa helping students and parents get safely across the street, it wasnt just a job for him, he did it with passion. His smile, and caring attitude will surely be missed. The entrance where he stood will never be the same again. He loved all the kids as if they were his own. My son is 3 yrs old and didnt even go to Kate Sullivan, but as I pulled up each day to get my daughter, Mr. Robert would always say let me talk to my grandboy before you pull off. RIP Mr. Robert
  • by Grateful on May 30, 2012 at 06:19 PM
    THANK YOU WCTV, for posting this story, even though it's a sad one. My son attended Kate Sullivan and Bob was the greatest of the great, just as everyone else that commented has portrayed. He will truly be missed and we too will miss hearing him say, All Right, All Right. He was a true example of what God would like from all of us. We were all very lucky to have had him in our lives. He will never be forgotten. God, Send blessings to his family during this difficult time, for they need it most. I appreciate having had that piece is sunshine in our lives.
  • by Miss Bee Location: Talla. on May 30, 2012 at 04:39 PM
    It was truly a shock to hear of Bob's death. He was a man that was always smiling. I've known him for years and I never saw him without that big wide grin. He will be missed by everyone that knew him.
  • by RJ Location: Tallahassee on May 30, 2012 at 03:04 PM
    WOW - I got the news yesterday and it was like I lost a breath for a minute. There are some people you just can't imagine not being here. Frazier was as nice a gentleman as they come and always upbeat, encouraging and oh so charming. I guess he's done all GOD intended for him to do and so it was time to for him to go home...you will be missed Mr. Frazier.
  • by Concerned in Tally Location: Tallahassee on May 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Mr. Frazier will be missed. He worked at DCF and was a warm smiling face in a place that is not always so warm and fuzzy. There is no doubt that he is in heaven. I send my empathy to his family and pray for God to comfort us all.
  • by Gonna Miss you so Location: Gate 1194 on May 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    Grandpa (as we affectionatly called you), we are going to miss your contagious laughter & easy going spirit. You were a truely beautiful person! And please help us to remember that, God did not take you away from us. He gave you to Heaven so your light could shine over all the world. Rest In Peace my Friend.
  • by Stephanie on May 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    Mr. Frazier you will be missed dearly an ex coworker. You had the biggest sense of humor, you kept my husband and I laughing. It is so good to have known you! May God have mercy on your soul, God Bless...
  • by Idella Brown Location: Tallahassee on May 30, 2012 at 08:53 AM
    Mr. Bob was a very nice man who loved his job as a school crossing guard. I will miss his smile and his pleasant personality. May he rest in peace....
  • by twalt Location: m-cello on May 30, 2012 at 08:42 AM
    mrfrazier you were one of my best friend, you worked with me and my wife for several yrs . you taught me alot, i will miss you dearly im praying one day we will meet up in heaven again
  • by Tammy Location: Tallahassee on May 30, 2012 at 08:38 AM
    Terribly saddened to hear this news. My son began attending KS in '03 & Robert was our man. He always had a high 5 for my son, a smile..they'd chat. After I began homeschooling my child, we'd still go by to see Robert b/c it was such a highlight for my son. We liked him so much, we wrote a letter to the newspaper praising him. Robert, you will be missed.
      by Concerned in Tally on May 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM in reply to Tammy
      Your experience truly described the caring person Mr. Frazier was. He was a gift from God and will be missed.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 155498255 - wctv.tv/a?a=155498255