Man Arrested for Attempted Murder

By: Tallahassee Police Department Press Release Email
By: Tallahassee Police Department Press Release Email

On 12/25/2010 at approximately 11:30PM arrestee Rufus Jones and Victim were at S. Bahama Dr. Jones is the son of the primary resident and the Victim is her boyfriend. Jones and Victim became involved in an argument.

Jones had previously armed himself with a Glock model 21 .45 caliber handgun. Jones had the Glock concealed in his jacket. Jones removed the Glock from his jacket and shot at Victim three times as Victim was walking away from him.

One of the shots fired by Jones struck Victim in the upper back. The round entered into Victim' upper back and exited the front of his chest. Victim suffered an injury to his upper torso as the bullet entered and exited. Victim did not die as a result of the gunshot.

Jones fled the scene and discarded the Glock in some bushes in the front yard at 810 S. Bahama Dr.

The Glock was recovered in the bushes in front of 810 S. Bahama Dr. Jones led responding officers to the location of the Glock.

The Glock was bearing serial number NYF818. This firearm was reported stolen on 6/29/2010 by the Leon County Sheriff's Office, reference LCSO case number 10-139055. The serial number on the Glock had been partially filed off.

Jones returned to the scene and confessed to shooting Victim. Jones was arrested and transported LCJ.

• by MISSMIAMI Location: 850 on Dec 28, 2010 at 01:12 PM
    I DONT GET SOME OF THESE COMMENTS MADE ON A PERSON THEY DONT KNOW. THOSE WHO KNOW RUFUS AKA BRANDON REALLY KNOWS WHAT TYPE OF PERSON HE IS AND THAT HE WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR HIS MOM. I DATED THIS DUDE FOR 3 YRS. SO I KNOW HE'S NOT LIKE THAT. AND ACTUALLY THERE ARE 3 SIDES TO A STORY NOT 2. I'M PRAYING FOR THIS MAN AND HIS SWEET MOM THAT EVERTHING WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST...
  • by Billo Location: Tally on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    I am still confused here. Where in this story does it state that Rufus was defending his mama? His mama owns the property and her boyfriend was the one Rufus shot IN THE BACK. No mention of the reason for the dispute. I am just commenting on what i read. A lot of these post are doing a lot of assuming based on the character of this guy they supposedly know. Here is what i know...Rufus shot a man in the back with the intent to kill him with a gun that was reported stolen. Those FACTS tell me a lot about someone’s character. Sure, there are two sides too every story, but right now we know only one side, and that one side involves shooting a man in the back with a stolen gun.
  • by Tee Location: Tallahassee on Dec 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    There is always 2 sides to any story. Rufus is a good person who comes from a very good family. Ask yourself "Would you watch someone try to kill your mother?"...NO,I didn't think so.
  • by Anonymous Location: Dade County on Dec 28, 2010 at 09:47 AM
    I understand Rufus because I would of did the same thing to help my mom. It's call "stand your own ground" law. Rememeber it just passed!!!!!
  • by Billo Location: Tally on Dec 28, 2010 at 08:33 AM
    I don't get some of these postings. How does this guy sound like an outstanding citizen? Is it the part were he shot a guy in the back? You don't fire a gun at someone unless you have the intent to KILL. Or maybe it's the part were he was carrying a gun reported stolen? Rufus may be a nice guy to some, but i'd argue that all the nice guys i know wouldn't shot me in the back and/or be carrying a stolen gun. Just stating the facts.
  • by GOB Location: Gadsden County on Dec 28, 2010 at 07:44 AM
    Bye Rufus
  • by COMMON SENSE on Dec 28, 2010 at 07:04 AM
    Noo B...that's my homie I never thought he would take it to this. I've had to talk him out of situations like this previously but he never showed intentions of actually doing something of this matter. I can tell you one thing...there's more to this story! when me and my family moved to midway he was nice enough to help us move our stuff in 20 degree weather last year! Throughout our entire 2yrs out there he was the best neighbor we could ask for! We pray for your well being...i remember the issues this young man had to deal with if only he would have handled this like those...and walked away.
  • by midway Location: midway on Dec 28, 2010 at 06:13 AM
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I USED TO GO OUT WITH HIM WHEN I FIRST MOVED DOWN HERE WE USED TO STAY IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD WHY????????????
  • by Anonymous on Dec 28, 2010 at 05:05 AM
    Wow, somebody's a little too jealous.....
  • by missy Location: ga on Dec 27, 2010 at 06:07 PM
    people need to get a life.. stop all the hate... and others need to get jobs....
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112517594 - wctv.tv/a?a=112517594