Midway Campaign Controversy

By: Eyewitness News
By: Eyewitness News

Midway Mayor Charles Willis said this evening at a press conference that the City will not be endorsing any candidates.

He made the announcement in response to a brochure that's circulating around town with the City's official seal, promoting four candidates.

Current City Council member Jerrod Holton is one of the candidates being promoted on the brochure. Holton attended the press conference and says the City's attorney tells him that they are not violating any rules by using the City's seal.

"We did not have approval by the city about using the city seal," said Willis

"We cleared this with the supervisor of elections so there is no wrong doing in any way with the distribution of this flyer," said Holton.

Holton says he and the other candidates will continue circulating campaign material for the upcoming election.

• by MidwayItsAboutTime Location: Midway on Apr 25, 2011 at 02:35 PM
    The people of Midway are tired of this type of politics, and this type of leadership. The city of Midway has not changed in ten years. Why because the same people have been holding office and continue to do nothingIf they cared as much about Midway as they do collecting checks. Midway would have a school. Midway would have a grocery store. Midway would have a clinic. Midway has nothing. Not even sidewalks. People are tired. I am tired, and I will be voting for someone new to prove it. I am tired of wasting my vote on do nothings!
  • by Jim Location: Gadsden County on Apr 15, 2011 at 02:08 PM
    Maybe they could be a reality show on tv. On reality shows they always have a problem or a controversy. Midway does this sound familiar?
  • by leah Location: tally on Apr 15, 2011 at 06:21 AM
    and the "seal" is partially covered by street signs. we literally had to look for the seal.
  • by The Truth Location: Midway on Apr 15, 2011 at 05:58 AM
    If anyone has seen the flyer, they will know that the picture that replicates the city's seal is not the official city's seal. That same picture can be found on the city's website. This is was very unnecessary to waste the media's time with this foolishness. A picture does not implicates, neither endorses. It's simply politics.....Let's get moving Midway!
  • by Rustling Pines Resident on Apr 15, 2011 at 05:27 AM
    I am a resident of Rustling Pines. I think the current city council is a complete joke starting with the Mayor. He is no more competent that my 4th grade niece. I have sat in one of those meetings and nothing seems to get accomplished. They don't listen and argue the whole time. All should be replaces with some new people.
  • by MIdway Citizen on Apr 15, 2011 at 05:11 AM
    Why is he being attacked? If people would get involved more, they would know that Mr. Holton is a true leader. One that we as citizens of Midway can actually rely on to put action behind our concerns. I am not in any way biased and I plan to vote for the person(s) that are best qualified for the positions being sought. Take a look at the person(s) that are causing this commotion. They will be the very same people that will keep our city on a rut by focusing on every thing but improving our city. Did they think that bringing this to everybody’s attention would improve their chances? I guess the old crab in a bucket story is really true.
  • by Realistic Location: Midway, FL. on Apr 15, 2011 at 05:10 AM
    I have seen the brochure and I am so very happy that a "TEAM" effort is being presented to the people of this City to bring about CHANGE!!!! It's way overdue!! Vote April 26th...I know I will be there!!!!
  • by DEEP ROOTS IN MIDWAY Location: Midway on Apr 14, 2011 at 11:24 PM
    I for ONE along with my family am so very proud of Councilman Holton for doing his research along with Cato, Smith & Jackson-Range before putting out their brochure. "YOU ALL HAVE OUR SUPPORT!!!!"
  • by Concern citizen Location: Midway on Apr 14, 2011 at 09:44 PM
    Sound like someone's in city hall is worried, I have seen the flyer and if these four that are working together get elected, Midway might get moving in the right direction. Vote on April 26th for change Midway!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119886534 - wctv.tv/a?a=119886534