Wakulla, County, FL - A Crawfordville man escaped injury when he awoke to find his mobile home on fire Thursday, Dec. 9 at 3:47 a.m., according to Wakulla County Sheriff David Harvey.
Travis D. Daniels of 60 White Oak Drive woke up to smell fire in his home and observe smoke coming from his living room area. The victim entered his living room and observed fire on the floor and wall near his fireplace. Daniels had built a fire prior to going to bed several hours earlier.
Wakulla County Firefighters arrived on the scene and extinguished the fire. Firefighters determined that the blaze overheated the metal framing of the hearth and ignited the particle board flooring. Damage was estimated at $10,000 and the fire has been ruled accidental, according to Lt, Kurt Hindle of the Wakulla Fire Department.
Deputy Lorne Whaley investigated.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.