Multi-Million Dollar Lotto Ticket Bought at Tallahassee Publix

By: Florida Lottery Release
By: Florida Lottery Release

TALLAHASSEE - May 30, 2012 -

The Florida Lottery announces that Donald Vickers, 60, of Hosford, claimed a $3,000,000 prize in the GOLD RUSH TRIPLER Scratch-Off game and chose to receive his winnings in a one-time, lump-sum payment of $1,950,000.

Vickers purchased his winning ticket at Publix, located at 2111 N.E. Capital Circle in Tallahassee. The $20 Scratch-Off game, GOLD RUSH TRIPLER, is the latest installment of the player favorite, GOLD RUSH Scratch-Off games. GOLD RUSH TRIPLER offers better odds of winning $30 to $500, compared to previous GOLD RUSH games, and the best odds ever to win $500,000. The overall odds of winning are 1 in 2.95.

The Florida Lottery offers approximately 60 Scratch-Off games at any given time through instant ticket vending machines or on-counter displays at more than 13,000 retailers statewide. Scratch-Off games are an important part of the Lottery’s portfolio of games, making up approximately 56 percent of ticket sales and generating more than $455 million for the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF) in fiscal year 2010-11.

• by cj on Jun 1, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    i see the government is taking more then their fair share,hell they double tax everything as it is.the government is nothing but a bunch of thieves
  • by several winners in leon lately. Location: ga on May 31, 2012 at 01:07 PM
    is it me or is tally having a change of luck?
      by exactly on May 31, 2012 at 05:48 PM in reply to several winners in leon lately.
      Last week I actually got $8.50 on Fantasy 5 and a couple days later I got $45 from lotto. something odd is going on. I will spend one more dollar for Saturday, haha I even told some out of town friends there has been a lot of winning here lately. Guess the ju-ju has moved up here from down south.
  • by Anonymous on May 31, 2012 at 08:13 AM
    They are very nice people and I don't think this will change them one bit....For the LOVE of money is the root to all evil
      by pucker up baby on May 31, 2012 at 01:04 PM in reply to
      put some butter on that bread.
  • by Tommy Flanagan on May 31, 2012 at 05:48 AM
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Yeah, that's the ticket! Blah, blah, blah!
  • by Cheryl on May 31, 2012 at 05:34 AM
    Congratulations Mr. Vickers. You are not going to find friends you never knew you had. Be careful, spend wisely and you are set for life. If it were me, I would have never let my name be put out there publicly though.
  • by jw on May 31, 2012 at 04:26 AM
    I am so happy for you, BUT PLEASE be carefull. Now all the worms will crawl out to find your money. Be careful about infestment brought to you. CHECK EVERYONE AND THING OUT.. Good luck.
  • by irs Location: usa on May 31, 2012 at 04:17 AM
    i am sure he will never forget having to give our great government over a million dollars.yea i know the 1,950.000 was alot you dont have to comment.
  • by Anonymous on May 30, 2012 at 07:10 PM
    I'll bet your family tree just grew a few new limbs... Congratulations!
  • by Seminole Girl Location: Tallahassee on May 30, 2012 at 05:51 PM
    hey Donald, throw me a few dollars! better yet, just pay my mortgage off so I can retire and just enjoy life!!!
      by donald on May 31, 2012 at 04:13 AM in reply to Seminole Girl
      are you a beauty and fine?
        by dale on May 31, 2012 at 02:49 PM in reply to donald
        Does your mommy know you're using the computer?
  • by Anonymous on May 30, 2012 at 03:33 PM
    Daddy!! Where have you been? I have been looking for you for a long time.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 155769885 - wctv.tv/a?a=155769885