Negligence Suits Claim Toxins at Now Closed Bar on Tennessee Strip

June 17, 2014
By Julie Montanaro

Two people have filed suit against Tennessee Square on the Tennessee Street strip claiming contaminants in the old Floyds Music Store made them sick.

Both a former employee at Floyd's and a former employee at the Insurance agency above it claim the building's owner, Talcor, was negligent in exposing them to toxins.

The suit contends inspectors found mold and e-coli inside that bar before it closed in 2012.

The former Floyd's employee claims she developed an illness that attacks the lining of her intestines.

The former insurance agency employee claims he developed an inflammatory disease called sarcoidosis.

We have not been able to reach them or their attorney for comment.

We did hear back from the president of Talcor, Ed Murray, who says Talcor "disagrees with the claims but will let due process take its course."

The negligence suits were filed in Leon Circuit Court earlier this month.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263554521 -
Gray Television, Inc.