Obama Has Work to do to Win Florida Again in 2012

By: AP
By: AP

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- April 7, 2011 -

President Barack Obama has some work to do with Florida voters if he hopes to win the state's 29 electoral votes next year.

A new Quinnipiac University poll shows slightly more than half
of registered voters surveyed disapprove of the job he's doing and
say he doesn't deserve a second term.

The poll also shows that an unnamed Republican challenger would
likely be in a close race with the president. But 70 percent said
they personally like Obama, including 30 percent who said they
don't like his policies. Obama won Florida in 2008.

Forty-seven percent approve of U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson's job
performance compared to 26 percent who disapproved.

The poll of 1,499 registered voters, conducted March 29 to April
4, has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points.

• by MH Location: Florida on Apr 8, 2011 at 07:49 AM
    by duh on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM Then he would not have won if more than half the people didn't vote for him, so no, it doesn't make any sense. He would not have won with 49%, for example....with 51%, he would have. He would have to have over half, which even slightly over is considered "majority". I don't think anyone means majority in the sense of "most people". It was used in voting terms, I believe.
      by are you serious? on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:20 AM in reply to MH
      THERE WERE MORE THAN 2 CANDIDATES??? Get a clue! The definition of majority per the dictionary: "a number of voters or votes, jurors, or others in agreement, constituting more than half the total number. Rick Scott received 48.8% of the votes to Alex Sink's 47.7% and Peter Allen's 2 %. So using "voting terms", Rick Scott did NOT receive the majority. Like I said- it makes perfect sense...
      by also... on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:28 AM in reply to MH
      There are 11,246,856 active registered voters and Scott received 2,619,335 or 23%. I know that is not his fault but that coupled with the 48% is clearly NOT a majority.
  • by @ Lip Cheese on Apr 8, 2011 at 07:14 AM
    Glad to hear you say such.. Often I disagree with your perspective but in this instance you have made me proud!! I am all for social programs because just as others have said you never knkow what hand life may deal one and until you have walked a mile in their moccassins "DON"T JUDGE". Karma has a good way of making people eat their own words.We have to take care of our own. Maybe that should be America's focus instead of trying to save the world lets save America first. Then work on helping others.The money is there but corruption and greed amongst the card holders is placing our money in the hands of the wrong people with ill agendas..
      by Sonny on Apr 8, 2011 at 03:02 PM in reply to @ Lip Cheese
      And people (*sic*idiots) like you are what have bankrupted this nation. Yes, Karma, come and get me. If you get dealt a hand, then by God, you better play the deck well. It is NOT my problem nor is it my responsibility to pay for you when you sit at home and pop out baby after baby. It is NOT my responsibility to feed your children because you're too proud to work at McDonald's. You people are what's wrong with this country. You've spent away everything trying to make sure everyone gets "equal" things. I'm SICK OF IT! Go get a job! If you lose it, find another one! If you bought a $350k house while making $35k a year, that's NOT MY PROBLEM! Go live with family! SICK OF IT SICK OF IT SICK OF IT!!!!
        by Mindy on Apr 9, 2011 at 05:04 AM in reply to Sonny
        Well said Sonny!!! The system is so backwards. The system enables sorry people to remain sorry; I know people who have been on welfare for years straight, and because they have a kid at home they're exempt from the mandatory job search programs you're required to participate it. WHY?? I know people with 3 and 4 kids that work....they get a pat on the back for popping out illegitimate children that should have been prevented. They get endless food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, you name it. All by sitting at home not working and claiming they can't find a job. BULL. There is NOTHING good about these programs. Maybe a couple months for a hand up would be fine, ONLY a couple of months...but people use it as a crutch, and depend on and live from it. It's sad. Really is.
  • by Cause I Said so on Apr 8, 2011 at 06:44 AM
    I feel like I've been duped, tricked, played like a fool when it comes to the real behind the scenes work of the major political system. Playing one side against the other, red and blue like the crips and bloods. Most it seems falls for it, and the in fighting that goes with it. Taking pride* (*7 deadly sins) in being one or the other and fighting tooth and nail the media pushed talking points that they tell us is important, that they tell us we should care, talk, argue about on the news. It makes me wonder if many of you will ever wake up and use the internet to educate yourselves on the bigger picture. Dont you have a mind of your own to form your own opinion. Obama is a front man for Big Business just like the rest. You think for one instance the powers that be would really allow an outsider. He's part of the club. Hows that electorial college working for you Florida. Imagine this, how many of you could raise a billion dollars for "control" of a nation?
  • by len on Apr 8, 2011 at 03:54 AM
    I did not vote for this lier in the first place and will not vote for him the next go around ..You people that did vote for him , like all the changes ,,,,just look at what he has done and the problems the US is in now ..Oh well ,,,he will just take another Vac.
  • by Surprise Location: leon county on Apr 8, 2011 at 02:18 AM
    Rick Scott for Prez. because he's doing just what he promised thats why. (cool) Scott in 2012 "Lets really get too work." (smile)
      by Jim on Apr 8, 2011 at 06:48 AM in reply to Surprise
      Scott is a lying, cheating loser of a human being. Obama outshines this governor-n-thief day in and day out. Go Obama!
        by Sonny on Apr 8, 2011 at 02:56 PM in reply to Jim
        Really Jim? And what had Obama told the truth about? He's about a flipping idiot. You and him can go get on your boat and go to the land of Communism all you want, but it's NOT going to happen here.
  • by Jess Location: Tallahassee on Apr 7, 2011 at 08:24 PM
    Why does every political story end up being a platform for racial comments? Has the computer screen replaced the KKK sheet meetings in the woods? The difference between Democratic and a Republic is simple. Democrats are 'supposed' to be looking out for the middle class and poor. Republicans usually look out for the wealthy and corporations. Both are needed therefore we should have compromise. We rarely do. I am a Democrat (sometimes) and a state worker. I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. Republicans are good. They have managed to convince a lot of poor to lower middle class white people who feel that the 'others' are getting better treatment to vote for them. Hence the people complaining about Scott once he has shown the only color he sees is green. I say get over it because you either voted for him or didn't vote at all. I made sure that I would be prepared. No kids, several trades, and low debt.
  • by p. footlocke Location: tallanasty on Apr 7, 2011 at 06:33 PM
    My father and his wife are huge Rush fans. Really big fans of the tea party. Yet they live on social security and a VA pension. They both get their medical care from the Government. Take it all away and they will sing another tune and vote another way.
      by TIR on Apr 7, 2011 at 08:24 PM in reply to p. footlocke
      Sadly, there are a lot of people like them. Until they are in need of the government or some type of assistance or assistance is taken away, they don't understand. For me, it's about being sympathetic to others and empathizing with others even though I may not be in the same boat. I am a firm believer that you never know what this life holds for you and I also recognize that people sometimes need assistance.
        by Lip Cheese on Apr 8, 2011 at 06:24 AM in reply to TIR
        TIR is right; You never know when you will be stricken without regards to gender, race, religion, or any other factor, and need help. Egocentric attitudes toward our fellow man makes us just another beast in the jungle. Humans are supposed to learn compassion and love for one another. Sadly, often we fail.
          by OMG on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:56 AM in reply to Lip Cheese
          Lip Cheese I am so proud of you!! You and I definitely do not see eye to eye on most things but that is real what you said, and I agree 100%
  • by Jan Location: Tallahassee on Apr 7, 2011 at 05:48 PM
    Politicians are lying, freaking scum bags and Obama is their leader !!!!!!!!!
  • by anon Location: wakulla on Apr 7, 2011 at 05:10 PM
    Google' Larry Sinclair on and you will see that he has done and that he is.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 7, 2011 at 04:42 PM
    At least cash for clunkers got rid ofmlots ofncarsmwith those bloody zero stickers. However, in this town I see many still seem to proudly tll the world how stupid they are by continuing to keepnthenstickersmplastered on their cars.
      by It is helpful on Apr 8, 2011 at 05:49 AM in reply to
      I know who to give the finger to. NOBAMA!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119402264 - wctv.tv/a?a=119402264