One Hundred Days of Rick Scott

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

Tallahassee, Florida - April 12, 2011

Recent polls show that a large percentage of Floridians disapprove of the way Rick Scott is handling his responsibilities as governor. As Scott approaches 100 days in office, working families across the state are assessing the governor’s job performance.

The voters – the people who hired the governor – will mark his first 100 days on the job by issuing a performance review on Wednesday, April 13, during press conference at the Capitol and across the state. Like most hardworking Floridians who receive performance reviews, the
governor will be reviewed based on his leadership and other criteria.

The evaluation will be on Wednesday, April 13th at 11:30 a.m. on the 4th Floor Rotunda on the House side.

• by Kevin Murphy Location: Longwood, FL on Apr 14, 2011 at 07:45 AM
    Rick Scott is disasterous for this state, and needs removed before he can cost this state more jobs, infrastructure, and it's reputation. You cannot elect anyone with a past like his and not expect problems. Florida Right Wing voters really dropped the ball getting this crook elected.
  • by Annette Location: Crawfordville on Apr 13, 2011 at 03:30 PM
    Rick Scott is one of the most dedicated governors we have had since Jeb Bush. Mr. Scott is 'risking it all' ... horribly upsetting "politics" in order to do his job right! I totally agree with him and have the utmost respect for this man for wrangling with all the bad "NEWS" and "slamming" that he gets from the news, and STILL doing the right thing for the people of Florida! God speed, Mr. Scott! There are more that support you than don't ... we just don't play politics like the others do!
  • by Loretta Location: Quincy on Apr 13, 2011 at 03:16 PM
    His $$ may have bought the Governor's office once, but bet there won't be enough $$ for him to buy it again. Wonder how long it will be before the state of Florida is under investigation under his "leadership".
  • by DaAdvocate Location: Tallahassee on Apr 13, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    Rick Scott is useless to the State of Florida, when it comes to making changes for us. I'm ashamed to even have him as a Governor because he shows no compassion for the common man, he says "Lets get ready to work"; well where is my job how am I going to survive being unemployed! I as a college student also get no assistance, why is it that as a college student you have to have a job to get food assistance. Jobs- Denied FoodStamps- Denied Homes- Denied Rick Scott===> 21st century Robin Hood, steal from the poor to provide for the wealthy!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 13, 2011 at 02:49 PM
    I am ashamed to share the same species with the likes of Rick Scott. How could he embark on such a destructive path when it will (already has) hurt so many? It would be appropriate for Scott to abjure on matters affecting countless lives. Will he?
  • by NotMyScott on Apr 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    I am a republican, and I am ashamed of Rick, this is not what I wanted. I wanted to tighten things, but I also wanted to be fair about it, I cannot support Rick Scott. I can honestly see just about every negative point being made.
  • by Anon Location: Florida on Apr 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    My views of life are conservative but I don't think I will vote for another Republican. I sure didn't vote for this yahoo for governor. Also some of the Florida Republican legislators who have plans to run for Congress better tread lightly. I am waiting to see how they disarm Rick Scott before I even consider voting for another Republican.
  • by terri on Apr 13, 2011 at 08:50 AM
    About contributions to the pension fund. I can't believe our legislature is considered requiring state workers to contribute 3% or more to their pension. How many people can afford to have 3% or more be deducted from their paycheck. All at no choice from you.
      by Plus on Apr 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM in reply to terri
      What you said Terri plus no raises in 5 years and most likely none during scott's term either. Kick em while they are down.
  • by Bollio Location: Wakulla on Apr 13, 2011 at 08:07 AM
    No doubt the poll was taken in Leon County only.
      by Anono on Apr 13, 2011 at 08:14 AM in reply to Bollio
      Leon County residents are more in touch with state politics than other areas of Florida - So maybe their opinion is equally if not more important.
  • by Brice Location: Leon Co on Apr 13, 2011 at 06:13 AM
    In honor of this day, I vote that we rename the State to more fitting name. Let us replace the name Florida with the name Suckers. I live in the state of Suckers! What an honor to have such an outstanding leader!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119705864 - wctv.tv/a?a=119705864