[UPDATE] Woman Killed In Crash On Centerville Road

By: Eyewitness News; Lanetra Bennett Email
By: Eyewitness News; Lanetra Bennett Email

[UPDATE] May 1, 2012 - 6:30pm

A celebration of Brooks' life will be held 2:00 pm Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 at Saint Paul's United Methodist Church, 1700 N. Meridian Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303. Interment will follow at Culley's MeadowWood Memorial Park on Timberlane Road. Family will receive friends following the burial in the MeadowWood Room of the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers memorials may be made in Brooks' name to Tall Timbers Research Station and Land Conservatory, 13093 Henry Beadel Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32312 (893-4153) or the charity of your choice .

____________________________________

[UPDATE] by Lanetra Bennett - April 30, 2012 - 6:13pm

Another car crash claims the life of a young driver.

25-year-old Brooks Breslin was killed on Centerville Road in Leon County.

Her close friend Melissa Scruggs says, "When she walked into a room, you couldn't help but want to talk to her. She had the most contagious giggle."

25-year-old Brooks Breslin's giggle is the only one missing in a room of her close friends.

Scruggs says, "She was just such a dreamer. She didn't care what anybody though. She lived life just completely free. I looked up to her in more ways than she'll ever know."

The giggles turned into tears once Breslin's friends thought about their friend's death.

Friend Jessi Miller says, "Everyone loved her. She had no enemies."

The Florida Highway Patrol says around 4:00 Sunday morning. Breslin was driving north on Centerville Road when her 2002 Toyota veered off the road and then swerved between lanes.

Troopers say Breslin's car then hit a tree head on.

Troopers pronounced Breslin dead at the scene.

Carlton Brimm lives on Brim Lane right across from where the crash happened.

He says, "I came out and I could see the lights from my yard. When I got up here, I saw that the road was blocked. I knew it was a crash. The car was over in the woods so I couldn't see it."

Brandi Hubbell is also a close friend of Breslin. She says, "She was a very loving, outgoing fun person. She loved nature and wildlife. She loved animals, especially her pet, Dixie, a black Lab. She was a very loyal friend."

"Life will never be the same without her. We'll think about you every day." Says, Scruggs.

Breslin graduated from Lincoln High School. She's survived by her mother and sister.

Troopers have not said what caused Breslin to swerve off the road. Authorities are still investigating the crash. They say toxicology reports are pending.

____________________________________

Tallahassee, FL--April 30, 2012 - Noon

A car accident claimed the life of a 25-year-old woman in our area. The accident happened early Sunday morning on Centerville Road in Tallahassee. The Florida Highway Patrol says the person who died was 25-year-old Brooks Breslin.

FHP says Brooks Breslin was driving north on Centerville road near Brim Lane. They say Breslin's 2002 Toyota veered off the road and then swerved between lanes. Troopers say Breslin's car then hit a tree head on. It all happened around 4am on April 29. Troopers pronounced Breslin dead at the scene. We do not know what caused her to swerve off the road. There were no passengers in the car.

_________________________________

Tallahassee, FL--April 29, 2012

Early Sunday morning 25-year-old Brooks Conway Breslin was killed in a single car crash on Centerville Road when her 2002 Toyota UT hit a tree.

Press Release Attached.

• by Ava Location: Florida on May 6, 2012 at 07:48 AM
    I am appalled that such a place exist for small minded people to air their cruel opinions. In this day of cyber space we sit in our homes and convince ourselves we are entitled to our freedom of speech. Freedom of speech was intended to allow us to speak freely about our beliefs not to intentionally be cruel and uncaring. What were you thinking when you wrote such unnecessary comments when you knew they only served to cause hurt. Brooke is in a better place and will not be judged on your comments, only you will. Her family is left behind to pick up the pieces and learn to live with the pain. What type of person feels the need to add to this. I know it has been difficult for me to find words of comfort for her family. I am curious, how difficult was it for you to cause more pain? To those whom have felt the need to point out Brooke's short comings maybe they will not have this forum when you are gone and your family will not have to suffer such insensitive jerks.......
  • by Sarah Knight Westmoreland Location: Friend of the Family on May 5, 2012 at 05:18 PM
    I didn't know Brooke, but I've known members of her family all of my life. They're good people. My prayers are with them. For all the athiests and racists who are prattling on here with your negative comments: Shame on you. The only reason I've ever seen for someone to purposely make someone happy or to criticize someone they don't even know is because they are unhappy with themselves. If you don't like people talking about God and the power of prayer, go read something else. Don't go and make some poor family miserable for kicks. When a family member or a friend dies, you look to your friends and community for support. Believe me, it happens to everyone some day. It will happen to you. Would you be upset if someone rubbed salt in your wounds? I ask that every Christian on here pray for the Breslin and Hayes families. Pray that God will see them through this and bring them closer to him. Pray that Brooke's friends become closer to him and learn from the loss of their friend. Pray that these unhappy people find peace within themselves, so they no longer feel so empty that they fill their heart with hatefulness. Pray for them to love. God bless you, ALL of you.
  • by Jarrett Location: Tallahassee on May 4, 2012 at 09:55 PM
    Judgers. I don't know what to say to you so I give you a quote from Dieter F. Uchtdorf. "This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: Stop it! ...'Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you.' ..." Stop it!
  • by A friend Location: NB, FLA on May 3, 2012 at 07:49 AM
    I knew Brooks for a long time, and I have some precious memories with her. There was not an ounce of hatred in her heart, and she loved nothing more than to see her friends smile. I have no idea what happened that night. No one does. It doesn't take away from the value or her life or lessen the pain of those around her. A mother lost a daughter, a sister lost a sister, and a lot of people lost a friend.
      by A friend on May 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM in reply to A friend
      I ask those who have thrown out insults, accusations, and judgment to question your own lives: Have you ever done something you are ashamed of? I have. Have you ever done something illegal? I have. Have you ever made a decision that resulted in hurting people you loved? I have. Have you knowingly or unknowingly endangered your own life or the life of another? I have. Have you texted while driving? I have. Have you driven under the influence of something? I have. We're all human, we all make mistakes. Some may be larger than others, but in the end, we're no better than the other.
        by A friend on May 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM in reply to A friend
        Have you ever brought smiles to everyone in a room just by appearing? I haven't, but Brooks did. Have you ever been able to say you have no enemies? I haven't, but Brooks is. Have you ever built dozens of friendships that lasted over twenty years? I haven't, but Brooks did. Have you ever had people who you may have only met once be touched by your laughter? I haven't, but Brooks did. Have you ever found your life's passion and made it into your career? I haven't, but Brooks did. While her missteps were not uncommon, her kindness and genuineness were. We're not judged by our failures or our successes. What ultimately is important is how we treat each other, how we live our lives, and how we are remembered by those we love. How would each of us like to be remembered? With love, compassion, and understanding, or with bitterness, hatred, and judgment? I think I'll take a tip from Brooks and live with love.
  • by Ashley Location: Tallahassee on May 3, 2012 at 07:28 AM
    It is so tragic when a young person with their whole life ahead of them passes away. My condolences to friends and family of Brooks... she will forever be in your hearts.
  • by Kasi Location: Tallahassee on May 3, 2012 at 07:06 AM
    I did not know Brooks, but I knew of her. I am so sorry for her family and friends loss. From what I knew, she was just a fun loving girl who always seemed happy. If you are one of her family members or one of her friends, I would not come back on here to read anything. The value of what people have to say on here is zero. People will believe what they want to believe. Ignoring the ones who take advantage of a tragic situation to get some attention is what I would do. Gone, but never forgotten. :)
  • by lord of saxon st on May 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM
    http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Leon-County-FL/Brooks-C-Breslin/details/ what was she coming home from a drug run??????
  • by Morris Johnson Location: Quincy on May 2, 2012 at 05:15 AM
    instead of starting a campaign to censor free speech on a news website, why didn't these so-called friends get Brooks the help she needed to get clean. Perhaps all of the anger stems from this realization?
  • by Anonymous on May 1, 2012 at 08:51 PM
    I did not know you as more than a smiling face in the hall, but I mourn your loss. 25 is too young to be taken from this Earth. I hope that you have found peace with both your Dad and heavenly Father.

Her family and friends are in my prayers.

To the people on here... Who cares if she had issues? Who cares if she had an arrest record? Who cares whether or not she was an addict? None of these things make her death any less tragic. None of them will soothe her family and friends pain.
  • by Lucian Location: Tally on May 1, 2012 at 05:12 PM
    Insensitive people, like those posting on here, are what is wrong with this world. Love you Brooks and Dixie.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 149415275 - wctv.tv/a?a=149415275