Record Attendance at FSU Spring Game

By: Jill Chandler Email
By: Jill Chandler Email

Tallahassee, Florida--

The crowd at Florida State's Spring Game is the largest in FSU History.

53,818 fans filled Doak Campbell Stadium to cheer on their 'Noles.

Over the last four years, 'Nole fans keep breaking the attendance record each year.

The Garnet team beat the Gold, but fans who attended were happy to get a preview of what to expect from the Seminoles in the Fall.

• by book it on Apr 18, 2011 at 04:05 PM
    ...and they'll still only sell out one game this year- miami.
      by Anonymous on Apr 19, 2011 at 04:46 AM in reply to book it
      Oklahoma?
  • by quasinole Location: TLH on Apr 18, 2011 at 02:41 PM
    Hey, who's counting? Let's just go with the story that'll make the area vendors happy. What we need is more free games! The boosters can make it up.... :-)
  • by Anonymous on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    HATER!!!!!
  • by really? Location: tally on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    not sure how they got that number.....there were no tickets for this game so how they were counting is unsure.....I will say this....people who bring infants to a football game are silly....there were so many at the game and a lot of them were not covered up in anyway....good grief people watch it at home and give your baby a chance....
      by Anonymous on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM in reply to really?
      Your kids must hate you
      by Matthew on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM in reply to really?
      I assume you were at the game. How many people would you estimate to have been there? I have heard a bunch of different numbers.
  • by brittany Location: hwy 20 on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    Don't worry the gators can always come back and beat yall this year. We have a great team this year.
      by Hope on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM in reply to brittany
      Hope springs eternal.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    The flag stayed up the past 6 years because it had a dual purpose at your house: a flag and a window blind. Welcome to Tallahassee!
  • by MARTY SECORD on Apr 18, 2011 at 07:06 AM
    My son went from back-up to 3rd string over the weekend. Maybe if i was a coach on the team Will would still be the back-up.
      by 5 months on Apr 18, 2011 at 07:18 AM in reply to MARTY SECORD
      Your son still has 5 months to practice and return to backup.
      by D on Apr 19, 2011 at 07:16 AM in reply to MARTY SECORD
      Clint did look at little better than Will. Fisher knows that they are pretty much even though and I think if something happens to EJ they will both get a shot. So please stop whining. They are liable to get another big name QB and neither of them may ever play. Your boy definitely has more size but dont sweat spring practice. Its just that spring.
  • by Mama on Apr 18, 2011 at 06:49 AM
    Foosball is de debil!!!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 18, 2011 at 06:46 AM
    Even when Ron Zook was at Florida they filled the stands. I hate to tell you I am a FSU fan and not a Gator fan but I know how to tell the truth and face the facts. It is a fact the noles fans are fair weather fans. I am not a fair weather fan but I can tell you from how the stands looked over the last several years, we have fair weather fans.
      by SHANER on Apr 18, 2011 at 08:21 AM in reply to
      When we lost to UF the past 6 years my flag stayed up in my yard. When we beat the Gators this past year my neighbor took his Gator flag down the next day. Still not seen it since. I honestly believe UF has more bandwagon fans. I wasn't there to be a number, I was there to cheer for my team.
        by shaner derp on Apr 18, 2011 at 08:49 AM in reply to SHANER
        Your entire evaluation of the UF fan base is solely comprised of one anecdotal event from two houses in your neighborhood? Derp to you. btw: I am an FSU fan though and through.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 18, 2011 at 06:27 AM
    No way there were 50 thousand people there. I'm assuming the football team counted the fans?
      by FSU Alumni on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM in reply to
      So much hate...does it matter who counted? Next time you go and count!!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120007184 - wctv.tv/a?a=120007184