Report: Woman Died After Riding Disney Ride

By: AP
By: AP

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) --

A 77-year-old woman collapsed and died in December after riding the Prince Charming Regal Carousel in Walt Disney World.

The death was reported Sunday after the theme park filed a guest-injury report with state officials. Florida's big theme parks have an agreement with the state in which they report guest injuries in exchange for avoiding state ride-safety regulation.

The report indicated the woman had a pre-existing heart
condition.

Walt Disney World reported two other injuries. A 71-year-old
woman broke a hip and shoulder after riding the Magic Kingdom
carousel and a 76-year-old woman injured her leg after falling on a
moving platform for Epcot's The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

No other parks reported injuries.

• by GEEZE Location: WAKULLA on Feb 10, 2011 at 01:24 PM
    COME ON PEOPLE....IT WAS A CARROUSEL...WITH HORSES THAT GOES ROUND AND ROUND...THE WOMEN WAS GOING TO DIE ANYWAY, WE ARE ALL BORN TO DIE...WHY NOT LET HER GO WHILE SHE WAS HAVING FUN!!!! WHEN I GO, I HOPE I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE INSTEAD OF SITTING AROUND WISHING I HAD!!!! :-)
  • by ME Location: FL on Feb 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    being 77 was not the problem it was the ride that caused this death.law suitS, insurance claims???????
  • by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2011 at 03:16 PM
    My mother will be 73 this year and I promise you that if she wants to ride a ride, then she will. I understand the liabilities for the park and the fear of losing a loved one, but if my mother wants to ride a roller coaster she should be able to. Maybe Disney should have people over a certain age sign a liability waiver.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    bjs , Was that you I saw skydiving the other day!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    I have a family member who is 60 years old and rides just about anything you can get her to ride. She does theme parks rides and she really loves waterparks ride. You never know when something bad is going to happen. I agree with BJS. People are old enough to make their own decisions and no one should be able to stop them.
  • by PrezNixon Location: tally on Feb 7, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    I like you bjs....
  • by bjs Location: tallahassee on Feb 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    I am 83 and if I want to go on those rides I will! I am still working and as long as I don't ask anybody to pay for my ticket or buy my groceries I will do as I please (legally, that is). You kids never want us oldies to have any fun at all.
  • by dee Location: quincy on Feb 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    OMG...I guess there should be a age limit when they older too
  • by Gilmar Rodriguez-Pierluissi Location: Tallahassee, FL on Feb 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    Better carrouseling my life away than fading into oblivion in an assisted living facility...
  • by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2011 at 08:20 AM
    You all are too funny carousels are dangerous and should be banned. Disney has a different spelling for this ride. They actually call it "Prince Charming Regal Carrousel" with 2 R's like the french spelling.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115476124 - wctv.tv/a?a=115476124