Rick Scott Makes First Post-Election Visit to Capitol

By: Mike Vasilinda Email
By: Mike Vasilinda Email

Governor elect Rick Scott appeared nervous and came across as a little bit shy in his first post election visit to the office he will hold for the next four years.

Scott says, “One thing I asked the governor is, so what is your soundest, you know, most best advice? and first thing he said is follow your heart, which I, which I, makes all the sense in the world to me.”

During his campaign, the Governor-to-be ended most commercials with a simple message: Let’s Get to Work. Scott told reporters that’s what voters expect.

“The reason I won the election is over one issue, and that’s getting the state back to work and so what my whole goal and the things I’m going to focus on when I take office is how are we going to get the state back to work.”

Scott is also facing some minor challenges from legislative leaders. State lawmakers are poised to override two gubernatorial vetoes next week. Both would have an impact on the governor’s power going forward.

One bill would take away the sole oversight of the state agency responsible for managing state government. The other would require legislative approval of executive branch rule making. Scott was asked what he though about the power grab.

“I don’t think anybody is trying to go after my power. They are following through on the things they believe in and we are reviewing that and everything will workout I’m sure.”

Rick Scott will become officially sworn in on January 4th. The Governor elect has hired an outside firm to conduct a nationwide executive search. Perhaps more proof the former health care executive intends to rely less on those who know government. One piece of advice he's receiving from his transition staff is to proceed slowly and with care.

• by Look on Nov 11, 2010 at 06:30 AM
    To Tally Trash Talk 2, It is called being humble…a lesson you could learn. Don’t misconstrue it for incompetency. That man has made himself a multi millionaire not once, but twice. He is very competent, I assure you. We are very fortunate to have this pro-capitalist on our side to fight against your anti capitalists, anti business, anti jobs administration. I am all for him. We couldn’t ask for anybody better qualified. So be quiet, because Floridian’s need jobs and he is all about that. Your anti capitalist administration is not. All he is has been worried about was giving his people; the Muslims, not the blacks, free health care at your expense. Now that that is taken care of he is moving on to giving them our jobs.
  • by GA BOY Location: GA on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    YOU FLA SUCKERS DESERVE CROOKS. ENJOY YOUR NEW TAXES.
  • by The 5th on Nov 10, 2010 at 09:18 AM
    Scott was nervous at the microphone b/c he related that to another deposition! He really want to just that the 5th and get out of there!!!
  • by Common Sense on Nov 10, 2010 at 08:16 AM
    TO ya ya ya, Nobody needs to peruse David that does not need to be the Agenda. The entire state is faced with financial ruin. We have one of the highest unemployment numbers nationally. Many of us are with out jobs, struggling to find money just to eat and “you” are still worry about D. Harvey? That does not need to be the Governor focus. You made out like a financial bandit in that hit in run case. I don’t feel sorry for you and I don’t want my governor spending his time feeling sorry for you. There are much more pressing matters for him to focus on, other then you
  • by Home Grown Location: Crawfordville on Nov 10, 2010 at 05:58 AM
    I never thought when attending school with David Harvey he would become such a celebrity. The shame is that there are people in Wakulla County that HATE him so much that they seize every opportunity to deface him. Scary thing is that these HATERS might be my/your neighbor. If it's so easy for them to continue to seek to destory David, then how easy would it be for them to come after you or me, or Rick Scott for that matter. Haters are haters, are haters, there is nothing any more annoying than a miserable person that is on a mission to make everyone else as unhappy as they are. I'm sure Mr. Scott has all the information he needs and then some, if he want's to pursue David. And, I didn't know that there was an eye witness standing in the ditch that night that saw everything that was suppose to have happened that night when Sheriff Harvey was on his way home. Rick Scott good luck (STATE WORKER here please do not take my job), and David I love you man.
  • by TallyTrashTalks2 Location: Tallahassee on Nov 10, 2010 at 05:36 AM
    Maybe Rick Scott was extremely nervous at the capitol because it's the first time he's ever stepped foot in the place! just sayin......
  • by Ya Ya Location: Tallahassee on Nov 9, 2010 at 07:31 PM
    Rick Scott is afraid of the sheriff of Wakulla county. Most folks are. Now is the time when we will see what our government and our country is about. Govenor-elect Scott, It is my opinion and I will be happy to offer proof, that there is a chief law enforcement officer within our state that is corrupt. If you are timid and wish for things to remain as they are...I completely understand. You will be the second governor of our state that believes that a chief law enforcement officer is allowed to hit and run an innocent lady and not examined by a grand jury. Which is another problem. The State's attorney is a personal friend. I have empirical facts to represent my opinions. The question is do you have courage to remove him from office? We will see.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106995253 - wctv.tv/a?a=106995253