SUV Crashes Into Trees on I-10

1.3.2010 by Julie Montanaro

A crash on Interstate 10 sends a Tallahassee man to the hospital.

It happened in Tallahassee just before 4 Monday afternoon near the Thomasville Road exit.

Witnesses say a white Yukon careened off the roadway and into the trees.

Several motorists stopped to help and make sure no one else was thrown from the SUV, but troopers say the man was alone at the time of the crash.

Firefighters on scene say the driver was conscious when they pulled him from the car, but we have no further word on his identity, his condition or what may have caused him to lose control.

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating.

• by Laura Gayle Location: Tallahassee on Jan 8, 2011 at 05:30 AM
    Bobby, Keith read your post yesterday for the first time and I must say it is hard for me to see a grown man cry. He was so filled with emotion. He was taken back by what you did to help him and completely overwhelmed with what has happened to him and so grateful that he is alive and that his car took most of the impact. He sustained 13 staples to his head, 35 stitches to his right hand,a severly sprained right ankle and a bruised small intestine due to the seatbelt impact which caused him to stay in the ICU for 1 night and then 2 more nights in regular care. He doesn't remember what happened that caused him to go off the road at this point but we are hopeful it will come back to him soon. He is very thankful that you were there to help him and I am grateful that Keith is still a part of my life. Thank u, his adoring girlfriend, Laura Gayle.
  • by Doniece Location: Ocoee, FL on Jan 6, 2011 at 01:31 PM
    Bobby, that was my cousin Keith you helped in that accident. I practically raised him and he is very special to me. I am so grateful you were there for him. He is recoverying nicely and is expected to return home today or tomorrow.
  • by Danny Location: Tallahassee on Jan 4, 2011 at 02:16 PM
    We recovered this vehicle,family member came to pick up keys today.Glad to report the driver of this SUV has NO BROKEN BONES, lots of stiches! Wishing him a speedy recovery. Danny B's Towing & Recovery
  • by Anonymous on Jan 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    god bless you bobby! because you talked to him you kept him from going into shock and dying! you are a very kind person! i hope the guy has a speedy recovery! i saw this when i was headed back to work and when i was coming home from work 2 hrs later..
  • by bagofpegs Location: Tallahassee on Jan 4, 2011 at 05:26 AM
    Bobby the world needs more kind hearts like you. Wishing this guy a speedy recovery.
  • by Quincy Location: Florida on Jan 4, 2011 at 05:08 AM
    L. Williams, May Good Bless You!
  • by Bobby L. Williams Location: Tallahassee, Florida on Jan 4, 2011 at 02:07 AM
    I arrived on the scene, just seconds after the accident happen. I immediately assessed the situation I asked if anyone call 911, someone said yes and someone said no. So I use my cell phone to call 911, spoke with the operator gave her the location and the seriousness of what I thought was the gentleman injuries were. I can see the gentleman was in pain and was try to exit the vehicle. Unaware of his injuries and being trapped, I passed my cell phone on to one of the by stander, so he could continue to update the 911 operator about the situation. then I climb on top of the vehicle motor, so I can turn off the vehicle engine. Once that was done, I begin to remove everything that was in the gentleman way. I started talking with him and trying to keep him as calm as possible with little movement on his part,because of his injuries. I can tell he was in shock, but the more I talk with him, he started to come around. I wish this gentleman a speedy recovery.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112833094 - wctv.tv/a?a=112833094