Scott: "Best Time to be Governor"

By: The News Service of Florida
By: The News Service of Florida

Tallahassee, Florida - April 8, 2011 -

Gov. Rick Scott is on the “Big Interview” with the Wall Street Journal today and says he’s perfectly happy with the big controversies over the bold actions he and other GOP governors are taking – and that it’s “the best time to be governor.” The interviewer pointed out that so far, the big bold moves haven’t been very popular, and asked Scott about low approval numbers. He dismissed it with his usual remark about not being elected to be popular, and seemed genuinely excited about major changes. “We’re going to have change, we’re really having a great debate about the future of our country,” Scott said. The governor also said he has no plans to go slow on those major reforms – with a tacit acknowledgment of the fragile nature of elected office. “I’ve got four years, I’m going to make sure the right things happen,” Scott said. Asked about the next election, he again deflected the question. “If we do the right thing, the right thing will happen.” Scott also said he believes he has the approval of voters to take on the issues he’s taking on. “I talked about all these things in the campaign and people voted for me,” Scott said.

• by Anonymous on Apr 14, 2011 at 07:10 PM
    And, he was proven correct in turning down the HSR IOU!
  • by gravelyconcern Location: S.FL on Apr 11, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    Exactly what I said - everything he is doing now - he talked about it during his campaign- the Governor is only attempting to fulfill his campaign promises. Congratulations to all that voted for him!!!
  • by Suezanne Location: myownplace on Apr 10, 2011 at 08:25 AM
    Everytime I read comments on this site about state workers it ticks me off even more. WHY on earth do some of you think you pay their wages with your tax dollars? That being the case they are paying themselves, think about it you dolt. And for everyone that tells state workers to get off the internet and get back to work...........does your boss know what you are doing right now?
  • by Jena on Apr 10, 2011 at 06:44 AM
    Those in the private sector in Tallahassee who are applauding the State workers receiving less take home pay will feel the crunch more than the State employees. Less money taken in, less money paid out. Applaud away, morons! As a waitress, I realize my income depends on these people giving me tips. Will they stop eating? No. But my income will decrease because, to many, that's just "extra money" being charged. That means I won't be able to pay my bills. Everyone will be hurting.
  • by ricky Location: tampa on Apr 9, 2011 at 03:25 PM
    what do you people want? there is no pleazing you.
  • by Bill from Woodville on Apr 9, 2011 at 02:56 PM
    If the state workers would start actually working they would not be in this mess.
  • by J Timney Location: Tallahassee on Apr 9, 2011 at 02:53 PM
    I don't regret voting for you Gov. Scott. Lets get to work!
  • by Brace up, my fellow Democrats Location: Florida on Apr 9, 2011 at 01:21 PM
    He's a state worker too, but short lived. Thank God this loser will be out the door in four years. The Repub and TeaParty FL Legislature are not even giving him everything he wants. Remember he promised all those jobs in 7 years acting as if he would still be around. Yea right, he'll have enough time to have done some major damage. Perhaps he'll leave a big surplus in the general revenue with all his massive cuts, that is, if he don't steal our money from us. But when the FL unemployment rate continues to rise, along with Scott's broken promises of creating jobs, the FL voters will remember that the most. In next year's 2012 Elections, the Democrats with take US Presidency, the House, Senate and local govs. and "BALD NO-ACTION JOB CREATOR SLICK RICK" will get the boot in 2014. What a glorious day that will be when he has to yield to our newly elected Democratic Governor who will restore FL jobs, environment, education, healthcare, hopes and dreams back back to Her People. Brace up, my fellow Democrats. Under Scott, the worst is on it's way, but eventually his brutality will come to an end.
  • by grady Location: tallahassee on Apr 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    cool. but lets keep it up. keep in mind the names of all the republicans who are voting against the working class. lets let them know we are going to target them big time.
  • by tom Location: madison on Apr 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    CUT CUT AND CUT SOME MORE....GO SCOTT GO
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119493104 - wctv.tv/a?a=119493104