Scott Spoofed, Stays Focused

By: Whitney Ray Email
By: Whitney Ray Email

Tallahassee, FL -- June 13, 2012 --

He’s been asked to pee in a cup, called Mr. Clean and compared to a villain from a popular kid’s movie

“He probably would be doing better if he wasn’t trying to kill Harry Potter,” said Stephen Colbert on his June 27th, 2011 Show.

Governor Rick Scott’s latest appearance on a national comedy show came Tuesday night, when comedian Jon Stewart began his program with this.

“Every now and again, a politician comes along that is just truly terrible and really deserving of more scorn than even we can dole out,” said Stewart on his June 11th, 2012 show.

Stewart went on to mock Scott’s efforts to remove illegal voters from the rolls.

“So a voter purge weighted against Hispanic voters, closing polls on a day when many African Americans vote. Nice Try Governor,” Stewart continued.

But it’s not just Stewart and Stephen Colbert mocking Scott. Jay Leno took a stab at the governor’s chief of staff last month and on a trip to Spain, Spanish comedians had a field day after Scott embarrassed their king.

The King had recently received bad press for an elephant hunting trip he took while the country’s economy tanked. He had put the scandal to rest until Scott’s visit.

But does the governor deserve the jokes, or are these cheap shots? The Chairman of the Florida Democrats says the attacks on Scott’s policies are valid.

“It’s funny to watch it, but the tragedy is, it’s not at all funny as a matter of policy for the state,” said Chairman Rod Smith.

A spokesman for the governor says Scott’s jobs agenda takes precedence over quote watching liberal-leaning comedy shows. As for jokes about Scott’s efforts to stop illegal voters from casting ballots, the governor’s spokesman Lane Wright said quote,

“So far, from that small sample, about 100 non citizens admitted they shouldn’t be on the rolls and have been removed. Of those 52 have actually voted in a past election. Over the past 10 years, five elections have been decided by less than 50 votes. So my question to anyone who disagrees would be, just how many non-citizen votes are you willing to ignore in our election process? How many illegal votes are you comfortable with,” asked Wright.

• by izitjustme? Location: fortress of solitude on Jun 15, 2012 at 06:20 PM
    They weren't 'spoofing' him,they were showing what a bad joke we Floridians keep continuing where elections are concerned. A wise man once said "Divide and rule, a sound motto. Unite and lead, a better one." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Conservatives try to use the former,Liberals try the latter. When the right wing fascists think the have won, Myself, and millions of others will defend our rights. With our blood(and yours) if necessary. Do not make the mistake of thinking all liberals are pacifists. Most aren't. You use fear to cover the sale of America. China and terrorists do not scare me. Liberal policies will not be the cause of our downfall,Neo-cons and corporations will hand the country to them if there's a profit for them. Corporations are climbing over each other to send China and other countries business manufacturing our goods. They do this because of greed.Wall St gambles with our pensions as if they were just chips on a table in Macau,PRC. We are not socialists, just humanitarians.
      by 62nitro on Jun 15, 2012 at 09:28 PM in reply to izitjustme?
      This is right out of Websters Dictionary. I would have to say this is a spot on definition of you liberals and your leader Obama. Our businesses are fleeing to China, India and other third world countries because of your unions making outrageous demands that drive the cost of doing business here too high. We are on to you now and things are going to change come November. Wisconsin was a wake up call to everyone. Maybe you haven't heard but, you lost. Definition of FASCISM 1 often capitalized: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition 2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control
        by izitjustme? on Jun 16, 2012 at 06:22 PM in reply to 62nitro
        I am not now,nor have I ever belonged to a union,other than with my wife. Don't call them my unions. I suppose you would like to return to sweatshops? children running dangerous machinery? that's the way they did it here until the early 20th century and it's still the way they do it in China. So,comrade,you like cheap goods from slave labor. Enjoy the cadmium leeching out of the paint on that McDonalds glass your kid prefers to drink from.
          by 62nitro on Jun 16, 2012 at 07:32 PM in reply to izitjustme?
          Unions have become nothing more than a democrat fund raising machine that supports democrat candidates in return for gov’t contracts. We now have in place laws and regulations to insure that we never go back to the sweatshops of the past. I don’t recall ever saying that I approve of the way China does business. What I said was that business will not return to the US until we get competitive in the world market again and paying someone 75 or 80 grand a year to do a job that most anyone would do for half that much will not get us there.
  • by Judd on Jun 15, 2012 at 05:09 AM
    the unconvicted felon is the undead, Voldemort.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012 at 01:27 PM
    Gee, THANKS, Scott, for making our state a laughing stock. And for violating both state and federal laws at every turn!
      by 62nitro on Jun 14, 2012 at 04:49 PM in reply to
      Don't worry, nobody with a brain watches those programs anyway.
        by Redd Foxx on Jun 14, 2012 at 05:21 PM in reply to 62nitro
        Bodies with no brains are glued to Hannity.
        by Hammer on Jun 14, 2012 at 08:15 PM in reply to 62nitro
        Especially David Letterdork.
      by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2012 at 05:55 AM in reply to
      No one can overshadow the huge fool in Washington.
        by Long-haired country boy on Jun 15, 2012 at 08:57 AM in reply to
        Yep, John Boehner will be hard to top as fools go.....although Mitch is closing in on him. :-D
  • by Poe on Jun 14, 2012 at 01:13 PM
    To everyone reading the comments defending Rick Scott, now you see why you should have voted?
      by Jess on Jun 14, 2012 at 08:15 PM in reply to Poe
      Are you referring to legitimate voters or the dead ones and illegal aliens? If you get pulled over, you have to show a DL or go to jail. If you leave the country and come back, you have to show a passport. Buy a beer, show a DL. Why is it too much to ask for positive ID at the polls?
  • by Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    It's a free country and I could care less that these paid clowns trash conservative politicians and figures (Tim Tebow, for example) every night. I just think it's ironic that they think Obama walks on water when it's obvious to anyone with a lick of sense that Obama is in way over his head.
  • by Tech Location: Tallahassee on Jun 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    I do agree that people who are not citizens of Florida should not have the right to vote. But I also feel that Governor Scott is not going to win a legal battle with the government. Besides where is he getting the money from. I wonder could it be the 3% FRS funding he is taking from public employees. Let someone ask him that question and see what his answer will be.
  • by Anne Location: Tallahassee on Jun 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    I don't like Scott or his policies. I do want to give him one big credit. He refuses a salary for his job as a governor because said he does not need it. I have read that he takes his private plane for business. I also read that he paid for his trip to Spain, but my guess is that if any people went with him were paid for by the state, but I don't know that as I haven't read much about the Spain trip.
  • by RF Location: Tallahassee on Jun 14, 2012 at 08:43 AM
    People need to understand these guys are comedians not journalists. They deliver comedy, it's what they do, and I'm fine with that. We need to take what they have to say with a grain of salt. With each governor comes a level of scrutiny and dislike for policies no matter who is in the position. I'm sure Gov. Scott will continue to do what's right, no matter what other people say or think. To those that think that everything is about race and everyone is a racist, get over yourselves! It's about truth in voting and not allowing those who are here illegally, or are dead, the opportunity to vote. Gov. Scott is doing what is right and legal and the Obama administration is trying to stop him. Where's the outrage for Obama? Yeah, I didn't think so...
      by Gordon Gekko on Jun 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM in reply to RF
      That's a lot of words to skirt around the fact Scott is a fraud who committed fraud, commits fraud and will commit fraud in future.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012 at 08:33 AM
    No worries, the private sector is doing fine.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 14, 2012 at 07:41 AM
    I have a slight bit of hope that some change will remain in my paycheck and investment portfolio when Obama finishes shaking me. Get rid of the Idiot in Chief. He has failed America. Give Rick Scott a chance in Washington. He and Rubio would make a great team.
      by 62nitro on Jun 14, 2012 at 08:55 AM in reply to
      Throw in Chris Christie, Nikki Haley, Jan Brewer & Scott Walker and we'd have one heckuva team, huh?
      by Really? on Jun 14, 2012 at 09:30 AM in reply to
      You obviously are not a public employee! My pay has gone down a lot since the crook went in as governor of Florida. And Florida is being bleeded left and right fighting all the lawsuits for the things Scott is doing illegally!!! Scott is a crook and has no business running the state of Florida! I cannot wait for him to get the boot!
        by Bob on Jun 14, 2012 at 01:36 PM in reply to Really?
        I was a private sector worker, but thanks to Obummer's economic impotence now I'm unemployeed!!!!!!!!!!!
          by 62nitro on Jun 14, 2012 at 04:51 PM in reply to Bob
          Hang on, help is on the way. Just 5 more months.
          by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM in reply to Bob
          Obama did not put us in the economic crisis we are in! That is thanks to 8 years of the Bush administration. Try again!
        by to Really?? on Jun 14, 2012 at 03:26 PM in reply to Really?
        You are incorrect. I work for the State of Florida. I agree with Scott's policies. I invest my earnings and have done very well. Obama is our problem. Rolling back tax incentives for investors.
          by Anonymous on Jun 15, 2012 at 07:27 AM in reply to to Really??
          Then you must be among the upper management of state employees. Because the 3% paycut we took hurt me considerably!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 158986735 - wctv.tv/a?a=158986735