Sen. Nelson Announces Plans to Seek Re-Election

By: AP
By: AP

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) --

U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson says he'll seek a third term.

Nelson, a Democrat, told about 120 editors and reporters
attending The Associated Press' annual legislative meeting that
he's confident that he and President Barack Obama will fare well in
2012 when Florida will have 29 electoral votes in the presidential
election.

Nelson said Obama, who carried Florida in 2008, is on an upward
swing with voters after being bogged down early in his presidency
by a national recession and a controversial health care bill he
pushed through Congress.

Nelson also said Obama was ill-served by his staff during last
year's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico that resulted in the
administration getting a slow start in addressing that crisis.

• by say what?? on Jan 19, 2011 at 07:16 PM
    "Ted" - what have you been smoking? This guy is as big a moron as OweBummer, Pelosi, Reid and Boyd. We have an opportunity here to get rid of another idiot in Washington, we need to take advantage of it. There are enough fools up there and we can take one off of the hill. Good riddance Bill - we are so sorry to see you go - NOT!!!
  • by Billo Location: Tally on Jan 19, 2011 at 01:56 PM
    Sorry Bill, get in line with Boyd cause your the next to go.
  • by George Location: Tally on Jan 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    This is reason we need term limits. Bill will no longer represent the citizens he will be campaigning for re election. I hope he and Obuma can ride into the sunset together, maybe clean oil off the bird on the coast line.
  • by ted Location: tallahassee on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    Senator Nelson has been a great Senator and he has my vote and I'll even work in his campaign! I'm a senior-Democrats are our only hope. Republicans are set to gut social security, rather than doing the rational and fair thing of raising the earnings cap.
  • by mad-voter on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    Good luck on this one, your voting record is pathetic. You might be able to get a job cutting grass at Allen Boyd's sod farm. We got him and we'll get you too... Hey PJ, you're an idiot. The latest polls have 60% of the public wanting OweBummerCare to be repealed.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    I want to see who will be running from all parties. I do hope another viable Democrat would run as I would hate to see a bigger majority building with the RepubliTalibans.
  • by Charles Location: Tallahassee on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    ...I will help YOU OUT Senator. Along with almost everybody I know! You failed to vote on ONE single Item I as a conservative Democrat support! You DO NOT represent me or your constituency.
  • by Elizabeth Location: Tallahassee on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    WHY? the space program is a no go with over 9K losing jobs etc. WHY would you run again when you left your body parts in outerspace. H.Clinton has more "male parts" then you do. Don't waste my time by me looking at your face on billboards etc.and don't mail anything to my home.O,I forgot I vote (I) U DON'T HAVE MY VOTE
  • by Anonymous on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    You are OUT OF HERE!
  • by hunter Location: crawfordville on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    can't wait to vote ol bill out
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114211639 - wctv.tv/a?a=114211639