Sexual Predator Arrested in Undercover Operation

By: Jerry Askin, WCSO Release Email
By: Jerry Askin, WCSO Release Email

UPDATE 03-08-2011 at 6:30pm by Jerry Askin

A man is behind bars tonight in Wakulla County accused of soliciting a child to have sex - again. But little did he know, this time- the person he was chatting with online, was actually a detective at the Wakulla County sheriff's office.

Attie Smith lives on the same street as the sexual predator who deputies trapped Friday - and is like many people in her Crawfordville neighborhood who say they're now paying closer attention to their surroundings.

Smith says, "To think that there is someone out there that preys on young children that's sickening because they're the future."

Wakulla county sheriff deputies arrested 29-year old Crawfordville resident David Delvalle Friday after they say he tried to solicit sex from a 16-year old girl over the Internet.

Deputies say he arranged to meet the teenager at a secret location and was immediately arrested when he showed up and found out the teenager he thought he was meeting was actually a Wakulla county sheriff detective.

Sheriff Harvey says, "We do have trained investigators who are capable of impersonating children."

The Wakulla County sheriff's office has a system in place to catch people like David Delvalle who prey on young children over the Internet ... all to lower the number of sexual predators in the county.

Harvey says, "This one turned out to be very successful, I think we got a bad guy off the streets."

The sheriff's office says Delvalle was listed as a sexual predator back in 2001 when he was arrested for having sex with a 15-year old girl.

And for some residents, the thought of predators in the county leaves them uneasy.

Wakulla County Resident Rhonda Lamb says, "It's disgusting that grown men or grown women think they need children."

Sheriff Harvey says four known sexual predators live in his county and they're always working to make sure that number doesn't increase.

Delvalle remains in the Wakulla County jail with no bond. He's charged with failure to register on the Internet as a sexual predator, violation of probation, and transmission of harmful materials to minors by electronic device.

______________________________________________________
Crawfordville, Florida -- March 8, 2011 --

The Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 29-year-old Crawfordville sexual predator following a week long undercover operation that concluded March 4, according to Sheriff David Harvey.

David Paul Delvalle was charged with failure to register Internet identifiers as a sexual predator, use of a computer to solicit a child, violation of probation and transmission of material harmful to minors by electronic device. He remains in the Wakulla County Jail with no bond.

Delvalle was arrested after attempting to solicit sex from a 16-year-old female. The teenager turned out to be an undercover WCSO detective.

“He attempted to sexually solicit an undercover detective that he thought was a minor,” said Sheriff Harvey. “A search warrant was served at his home and we have seized computer equipment. He is classified as a sexual predator and was waiting to have sex with a teenage girl when he was arrested.”

Addition charges are possible.

• by sister on May 2, 2012 at 05:13 PM
    A SISTERS POINT OF VIEW........ Ive always tried to under stand his way of thinking, and all it leads to is anger, I try to love him even though he is wrong, how do you love and hate at the same time?The neighbors whisper, so what the police kick in the door and still theres still that love for him because only we know what we have been through, and if only He could he(we) could have gotten the help he needed maybe things would be different.I 'm not defending him, but I share his shame I feel his pain, I feel the victims pain, All I can do is pray that maybe this time he will accept his fate as I have and know that he needs help and there is no shame in that, and that the safest place for you is where you are.......I'll always love you,
  • by I know Him Location: Gainesville, FL on Jan 16, 2012 at 09:37 PM
    To, mother of his victims. I think what he did was bad enough without the "under 5 year old story". Is he a piece of sh##?, sure. does he need to be in jail? sure. When the truth is a great case don't put a lie on the top of it, you only belittle yourself and the real victims involved. I know him, I know his case and arrest history; a small boy doesn't fit his profile and it isn't in his case record.
  • by bg on Jul 31, 2011 at 06:28 PM
    Nobody on this blog has the story straight and let me say this, its kinda funny to see all these different versions.I mean not one of you know what your talking about.Nikki your the closest, but still your wrong.Missy your are right about girls putting there self out there.There she be an unlawful seduction for thoes females or something.All ya'll can judge all you want, but in the end the big man upstairs judges all.I'm tired of people talking about me. I would appreciate it if you quit acting like you know me and what happened. Davids not the sweetest guy,by any means, but he never raped me.I will not let ya'll try and put that on his shoulders anymore.I'm grown and I still know what I consented to as clear as the day that I consented, to having sex with him.The Romeo and Juliet law is deffinetly the senero here.I'm sorry David for that 10 years of your life wasted and taken away from you.As far as the new charge I imagine being locked up as a child,that after 10 years, then being released you would still feel or have the mentality of 19/20 year old.But I'm sure he realizes now its time to grow up and find women closer to his own age. I would suggest 25 years and up, personally.
  • by bg Location: crawfordville on Jul 31, 2011 at 04:55 PM
    first of all i was 15 when i got pregnant by david and 16 when i delievered my son who i love unconditionally.and he was only 19 at the time and i consented to having sex with him.my "mother was not in my life at that point in time.i ilived with my father. and he did not like david.he was the one who pressed charges ans sent me away to my biological mothers sisters home during the first mnths of my pregnancy. thhere for i could not tell the judge the whole truth.dont act like you know anything about when im the only one who does.
  • by Mother of his victim Location: Tallahassee on Mar 10, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    First of all I am the the mother two the victim that "got mad" Nikki! She was 14 and 15 when she gave birth. He was not 18! He was a 23 year old man molesting a 14 year old girl so get the story straight. Also he was soliciting sex with a 16 yro and he will be 30 in September. There were 2 victims pryor to my child. I know this because he was also sentenced in a different county once his trial was over for my child. The third victim of this pervert was done befor David turned 18 and was a young boy under the age of 5. I know that child and his parents very well. Due to this Pervert three children have suffered. If you think he is so innocent then take you favorite child to leave alone with him. Didn't think so! WCSO is out there to protect out children from ppl like him. They did a great job taking him off the streets before he could hurt another young girl. He should sit beside the like of Ted Bundy or Gary Michael Hilton and be sentence to death. The punishment can not be too harsh.
  • by perry Location: fl on Mar 10, 2011 at 08:07 AM
    in my town there is a 22 year old man liveing with a 16 year old female who he got pregnant and i have told the law and they tellme to shut up that they dont care. i even called dcf and vwas told the same thing i dare a undercover officer to enforce the law here in perry fl on this problem because the law here just dont care what happens.
  • by Missy Location: Alabama on Mar 10, 2011 at 05:36 AM
    Anonymous- you got some nerve to call me ignorant. Im so far from that. Everybody got their own opinon and I dont care what you think I only care about what I think. Only my opinon matters to me. You need to stop hiding behind anonymous and put your name up. Im highly educated on my second year of college so when you call me ignorant maybe you need to take a look at yourself. (:
  • by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2011 at 06:51 PM
    for the rest of his life hes a sex offender why because he was 18 and the girl was 16 ooo that happens every day to most of u talking bad about this guy who was then entrapped by hazard counties finest people talk all the time on line its when u act on what u say
  • by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    missy you are a perfect wakullian. Ignorant.
  • by TallyTrashTalks2 on Mar 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    I really don't think this guy should have been arrested, don't the police have better things to do?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117583683 - wctv.tv/a?a=117583683