Sources: Wife of Former FSU Coach has Cancer

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

UPDATE -- Tallahassee, FL -- March 29, 2012 --

The wife of former FSU defensive coordinator, Mickey Andrews, is battling cancer.

Diane Andrews is a beloved member of the Seminole family and a strong supporter of its football team.

Diane and Mickey opened their doors to WCTV as Eyewitness News reporter Jill Chandler spent time with them in February of 2011.

Click on the video below to see "Life After Football: Mickey Andrews"

FSU didn't want to comment saying "this is a personal matter."

The family has declined to comment. They say it's a sensitive issue and want to keep it private. They want to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers and say Diane is doing better

***Note*** To read Jill Chandler's story "Life After Football: Mickey Andrews", click on link below.

-----------------------------------------

Tallahassee, FL -- March 29, 2012 --

The wife of a long-time FSU Defensive Coordinator has cancer.

WCTV has confirmed through sources that Diane Andrews, the wife of Mickey Andrews has been diagnosed with cancer.

We will continue to update this story as more details becomes available.

• by Anne on Mar 30, 2012 at 01:18 PM
    My prayers go out to the entire family. I hope that you fight this and that you have much support as you do. This is a scary time for you all. May God give you strength and courage. You can win this fight!
  • by Ashley C Location: Tallahassee on Mar 30, 2012 at 07:46 AM
    First and foremost, God bless this family during this hard time and prayer for a fast recovery. Secondly, for the people who are pointing out their finance and insurance and bring pity on themselves, shame on you. Insurance and money do not enable a family to deal with pain or grief any differently. Unknowing to myself who they were, I had the chance to meet this family, and they were absolutely incredible. Diane was so nice and postive and her family was so supportive. Until this story posted and I watched the video, I had no idea who I had been conversing with but I will tell you that they are some really amazing people and the negative comments are inappropriate. This family never once told me who they were or tried to boost to receive "an upper hand" because of their past or finances. They were just as thankful, nice, and warm as any other ordinary family. Don't try and hurt them through ugly words and negativity just because they were offered a life that many would love to have. WCTV brought light to this story because obviously lots of people had a lot of respect for this family and to share it for infomation and not to bash. For anonymous, shame on you for asking where your camaras were, how selfish and ignorant you appear based on your statements. You are better than that and should be able to relate better than anyone during this hard time. For Diane, in the case that you are reading this, hold your head high and focus on those things that matter and not to the selfish comments that someone has to post without a name or face, you are such an amazing woman and the few times I have had the chance to meet you have been delightful. God Bless this family.
  • by FSU Student Location: Tallahassee on Mar 30, 2012 at 07:32 AM
    Sending prayers and wishes to the Andrews family.
  • by PRAYERS on Mar 30, 2012 at 07:17 AM
    My prayers are with you and your family. The difference between us, you have better insurance then I do. My cancer appt's cost me out of my pocket.
  • by truth Location: nf on Mar 30, 2012 at 06:24 AM
    we are sorry the read this what a great family they are,we have them in our prayers.
  • by Cane-Fan Location: Florida on Mar 29, 2012 at 06:45 PM
    Will be sending prayers your way as you have always been one of footballs classiest families. I have really missed seeing Coach on the sidelines and you in the stans rooting him and the Seminoles on. Godspeed on a quick recovery - we love ya.
  • by Val on Mar 29, 2012 at 06:39 PM
    Sending prayers and best wishes to this beautiful, classy lady.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 29, 2012 at 04:55 PM
    Where were the cameras and reporters when I was diagnosed with cancer? I am so sick of all the high profile people getting all this press when there are thousands of people every day that go through the same thing with NO SUPPORT. At least Mickey has enough money to pay for treatment and funeral expenses. There is a young couple on the southside preparing for his death and they can't even afford his funeral.
      by the truth on Mar 29, 2012 at 09:31 PM in reply to
      if you are so tired of high profile people getting all the press that don't hide behind the name of anonymous put your real name in the paper or just keep your mouth shout.
      by Hannah on Mar 30, 2012 at 03:36 AM in reply to
      What a "whine me" attitude. How can anyone say anything in support of someone if they don't know about it? If you care so much, why not step out of your comfort zone, call the media and have them air the couple's story? Or, perhaps, they want PRIVACY. But the whine needs to go. Otherwise, you'll lose those that DO care.
      by TallyTrashTalks2 on Mar 30, 2012 at 07:54 AM in reply to
      What don't you understand about people in the public eye will always have parts of their personal life in the news sometimes?! Get over your pity party! I have personally attended many fundraisers, donated my time and money, but don't cop an attitude when people don't do something because it's not out there for the rest of us to see, so we CAN offer some assistance.
      by A on Mar 30, 2012 at 08:20 AM in reply to
      Why don't you organize something for the family? Some type of fundraising event. They don't have to plan for his funeral yet, you could help raise funds to help with his care, and then do another event when the time comes for that. I'm sure people would donate. If it is organized by a cancer survivor, even more reason for media to attend.
  • by Amy on Mar 29, 2012 at 03:34 PM
    If you didn't want to comment about it and keep it private why did you have it put in the paper?
  • by Colin Location: Tallahassee on Mar 29, 2012 at 03:07 PM
    God bless you, Mickey and Diane. My thoughts and prayers for a full and quick recovery....
      by Nancy on Mar 30, 2012 at 05:09 AM in reply to Colin
      Get well soon Diane, you were always so sweet and kind to any one that approached you at games and booster meetings. My family prays for your quick recovery.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 144948375 - wctv.tv/a?a=144948375