TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (April 28, 2011) - Tallahassee Community College’s Student Government held its inauguration ceremony on April 21. During the event, the College installed its 2011-12 SGA officers.
TCC’s 2011-12 SGA officers are:
· President - Franzlyne Jean-Louis
· Vice-President - Sieara Ponder
· Treasurer - Danzelle Hope
· Secretary - Chelsea Mack.
· Senator of History and Social Sciences - Ryan Terrell
· Senator of Health Care Professions - Shaquita Brown
· Senator of Academic Support - Khiry Orange
· Student Organization Council Chair - Michael J. Edwards.
SGA also honored the 2010-11 leadership at the first annual Student Government Eagle Awards Banquet on Friday, April 23. The honorees were selected by their peers for demonstrating outstanding leadership and service to the student body throughout the past academic year.
Newly-elected Student Organization Council Chair Michael J. Edwards organized and hosted this event. Among the attendees were TCC President Jim Murdaugh and Vice-President for Student Affairs Sharon Jefferson.
The honorees were as follows:
· Committee of the Year: Student Issues Committee chaired by Senator Brandon Davis
· Chairperson of the Year: Senator Michael J. Edwards
· SGA Senator of the Year: Senator Brandon Ardoin
· Executive Board Member of the Year: Franzlyne Jean-Louis
· Robert Rules of Order Award: Franzlyne Jean-Louis
· Effective Member Award: Senator Sieara Ponder
· Leadership Award: Franzlyne Jean-Louis
· Integrity Award: Senator Michael J. Edwards
· President’s Award: Franzlyne Jean-Louis
· SGA Honors: Advisor Doug Waddell, Advisor Lindsey Smitherman-Brown, and Co-Advisor Jose Dasilva.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.