Afternoon Fire Destroys Home on Bermuda Road
June 4, 2012
TFD Press Release
At around 4:52 p.m., Tallahassee Fire Department units from Stations 2, 8, 9 and 1 responded to a house fire in the 200 Block of Bermuda Road. Fire crews were met with heavy fire through the roof of a single story home. Firefighters extinguished the blaze
within ten minutes and quickly determined that no one was inside.
The four occupants, three adults and one child, safely evacuated the house prior to fire crews arriving. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries on scene. Two of the injuries were caused by a partial
ceiling collapse onto the firefighters and one injury was the result of a firefighter stepping through a hole in the floor. All three firefighters were evaluated and released on scene without needing further care. The fire was caused by a clothes dryer and resulted in $60,000 in damage.
The Red Cross was called to assist the family who was displaced as a result of the fire. No other injuries were reported at the scene. Leon County EMS was also on scene.
Tallahassee, FL -- June 4, 2012 --
Tallahassee Fire Department responds to fire in 200 block of Bermuda Road at around 5 pm on Monday.
Stations 1,2,8, and 9 responded to the the call, and took about 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze which was openly burning the roof when TFD arrived.
Four occupants of the place, three adults and one child, were home at the time of the fire but were able to get out unharmed.
TFD public information officer Mike Bellamy says the fire caused about 60,000 dollars worth of damage and was started by a clothes dryer.
Bellamy also told WCTV that three firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling the fire. Two were injured when the ceiling collapsed on their heads and another firefighter twisted his knee on the back deck of the residence. The firefighter were treated on scene and needed no further medical attention.
Leon County EMS assisted on scene, and Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced occupants.