The Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a house fire call caused by a propane explosion. TFD received the call at around 10:05 this morning (Feb. 8). A construction worker was taking out a pool from the backyard of a home on 1805 Ivan Drive when the excavator the worker was using ran over a propane tank. The tank exploded, causing damage to the backyard shed. The home was not damaged.
It took TFD less than an hour to put out the flames.
The construction worker walked away with minor injuries, but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Eyewitness News has a reporter on the scene, and we will bring you details as they become available.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.