Tallahassee, Florida - July 10, 2012
Yesterday at 5:30 p.m., the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 2800 Block of Aqua Ridge Court. On scene, fire crews from Stations 7, 9, 2 and 1 were met with heavy smoke in the attic of the single story 2,000 square foot home. The two occupants were home at the time of the fire and said they called 911 after hearing a loud boom. Both occupants evacuated the home safely. Firefighters quickly extinguished several fires in the attic of the home and began a lengthy process of removing smoldering insulation from throughout the attic. The Red Cross was called out to assist the displaced family. Fire officials say lightning was the cause of the fire and caused $60,000 in
damages. No injuries were reported at the scene.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.