TFD Responds to an Afternoon Apartment Fire on Sutor Road

By: TFD Press Release
By: TFD Press Release

Tallahassee, FL -- May 19, 2012 --

This afternoon at 2:12 p.m., Tallahassee Fire Department units from Stations 6, 3 and 1 responded to an apartment fire in the 1000 Block of Sutor Road. When firefighters arrived they found smoke coming from one of three apartment units within a two story apartment complex. When firefighters entered the apartment they found the kitchen to be involved in fire. They quickly extinguished the blaze and determined that the occupant was out of the home safely. The fire was accidental in nature and caused by unattended cooking. Damages from the fire were estimated at $30,000. One resident was displaced from the apartment as a result of the fire and the Red Cross was called out to assist. Officials say that no injuries were reported at the scene of the fire. The Tallahassee Police Department also assisted on scene.

The Tallahassee Fire Department reminds you to “watch what you heat”. The leading cause of fire in the kitchen is unattended cooking, so always stay in the kitchen when you’re frying, grilling, or broiling food. Head over to www.talgov.com/fire for more fire safety information.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Marsha on May 20, 2012 at 02:26 PM
    We all know what goes on in that area. What was the person really cooking?
    • reply
      by chuck on May 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM in reply to Marsha
      Assumptions and rumors can really ruin a neighborhoods reputation. I've lived in Rockbrook for 5 years and have never had an issue. Something bad must've happened years ago to make people think so negatively of the area.
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 152178455 - wctv.tv/a?a=152178455
Gray Television, Inc.