Tallahassee, FL - The Tallahassee Police Department has received information that local automated teller machines (ATM) have been used to steal money from unsuspecting victims living outside the Tallahassee area. Because the investigation is on going, details cannot be release.
So what can you do to protect yourself?
* If you experience a malfunction with an ATM, report the malfunction to the financial institution immediately and utilize an alternative ATM.
* Conceal your PIN when entering it. Don't be embarrassed, it is a good way to avoid being victimized.
* Look for an report suspicious activity near ATM's.
* Review your bank transactions regularly using on-line services available through your bank.
* Report thefts as soon as possible! These thieves usually strike fast and leave town. Prompt reporting provides law enforcement a better chance of catching the thieves.
It is important to remember that all ATM's can be the target of thieves. So, no matter what your banking institution or where you are... be alert!
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.