In an effort to stop crime before it happens, the Tallahassee Police Department reminds everyone to lock doors and windows and to avoid leaving valuable items in your vehicle. By following a few precautions and by being proactive, citizens can help prevent theft.
TPD reminds everyone:
* When at home, make sure all exterior doors and windows are properly closed and locked.
* If you are leaving your home for an extended period of time, stop your mail or paper, and make sure interior lights and electronics are on timers.
* Park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
* Don't leave purses or wallets in your vehicle.
* Don't leave empty boxes of valuables received from presents during the holidays. Break the boxes down and throw them in the trash can.
* VALUABLES LEFT IN PLAIN VIEW ONLY ENTICES BURGLARS.
* Contact the Tallahassee Police Department and request extra protection for your home while you are out of town. The request can be taken over the phone by calling 891-4200 or by e-mail via http://www.talgov.com/tpd/property_check.cfm.
Citizens can request a free residential security survey by contacting the Tallahassee Police Department's Community Relations Unit at 850-891-4251 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.