Tallahassee FD Puts Out House Fire on Campbell St

[UPDATE] Tallahassee, Florida- July 26, 2012

At 12:45 p.m., firefighters from Stations 3, 1, and 4 responded to a single story house fire in the 600 Block of Campbell Street. The fire was called in by an occupant who noticed fire coming from the dryer located in the carport. When firefighters arrived on scene the fire was rapidly spreading into the attic. Firefighters began a fire attack which confined the fire to the attic.

The three residents of the home were displaced and received assistance from the Red Cross. No injuries were reported at the scene and damages from the fire were estimated at $30,000. The fire started in the clothes dryer and is believed to have been the result of a clogged lint screen. TPD and Leon County EMS assisted at the scene.

The Tallahassee Fire Department wants to remind you to always clean your lint filter before and after each use when operating your clothes dryer. Also consider having your dryer installed and serviced by a professional. Keeping your dryer in good working order could save your life. For more life safety tips head over to www.talgov.com/fire

_________________________________________________

Tallahassee, Florida- July 26, 2012

A Tallahassee family escaped unharmed from a house fire Thursday July 26.

The fire broke out in a single-story home in the 600 block of Campbell Street around 12:45 p.m.

The Tallahassee Fire Department says the fire began in the first-floor laundry room and quickly spread to the attic. Firefighters put out the blaze in about 20 minutes.

No one was hurt. The cause of the fire is under investigation. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 163928286 - wctv.tv/a?a=163928286
Gray Television, Inc.