At 7:22 this morning (Jan. 4) nine units from the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to the report of a house fire in the 1500 block of Daniels Street.
On arrival firefighters encountered a large fire that had already vented through the roof. The home was occupied but all occupants had evacuated the premises by time the firefighters arrived.
Firefighters made entry into the house where they encountered heavy fire conditions in the kitchen area. The fire had already penetrated the ceiling and attic. Much of the ceiling had to be removed to access the fire in the attic. The fire was quickly extinguished.
The fire started in the kitchen trash can, where smoking materials had been disposed of. No injuries were reported in the incident.
Property damage was estimated to be around $65,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.