Toddler Hospitalized After Falling into Canal

By: WCTV Staff Email
By: WCTV Staff Email

LOXAHATCHEE, Fla. (AP) -- A toddler is in intensive care after falling into a South Florida canal.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Teri Barbera says the 15-month-old slipped out of his parents' Loxahatchee home
Saturday afternoon.

Barbera says the child was found floating face down in a canal behind the home about 10 minutes later.

The child was revived at a hospital. Barbera says the child has life-threatening injuries.

The family had recently moved from Broward County.

• by Lee Smith Location: NC on Dec 28, 2010 at 06:23 AM
    I know the parents very well and they are wonderful parents. Hank your an IDIOT. All we can do is pray for the family right now...
  • by Serena Location: Tallahassee on Dec 28, 2010 at 05:13 AM
    Well Hank, I raised 3 kids to adulthood so I would say I'm not that ignorant! You on the other hand are clueless if you don't think that things can happen that you haven't thought of and prepared for. THAT'S parenting......I wonder if he's gone thru the teenage years? LOL
  • by Anonymous on Dec 27, 2010 at 01:07 PM
    So Hank you and your wife kept an eye on your child at all times, even while the child slept. Things happen with toddlers, they are sitting their playing one second and the next the are in another room. I feel sorry for your children that they had to have mommy and daddy sitting their watching their every move. Yeah keep a watchful eye but you can't stop eveything from happening to a child. My child was a climber, I had locks on the dryer, fridge, every cabinet in the house, stove, even the toilet but he was manager to climb somewhere else. Things happen....and those things are called accidents.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    Hank, you have no idea these people's situation. They may have left the room for a second and the little one got out. I'm sure they were scrambling through the house looking for the toddler before the thought crossed their mind to run outside. You don't know these things and you weren't there so you have no right to judge their parenting skills. God bless the little one and the family.
  • by Hank Location: Tallahassee on Dec 27, 2010 at 09:38 AM
    @Serena. What you say is ignorant. That is what parenting is about. Keep an eye on your child at all times. You also must have locks on the doors that little children cannot reach. It is called child proofing the house. When my son was a toddler my wife and I never let him out of our sight for a second. That's why he never got run over in a driveway or left the house on his own. We were doing what we should do, PARENTING!
  • by Elizabeth Location: Tallahassee on Dec 27, 2010 at 05:24 AM
    Darn the littles are so fast on thier feet. Only God knows what will happen to this small angel
  • by Serena Location: Tallahassee on Dec 26, 2010 at 02:13 PM
    It's really a wonder that many more kids this age don't have awful things happen to them. They are so quick, yet have no sense! Prayers for the little one's recovery and comfort for the whole family.
  • by Sue Location: Florida on Dec 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    My prayers are with you at such a rough time. Bless you all.
  • by TallyTrashTalks2 Location: Tallahassee on Dec 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    My prayers are with this family and their precious child. Once again, a tragic story about just how fast some little people can be! I am so thankful my child has finally grown and I'm past the point of dealing and constantly worrying about a lighting bolt to chase after!
  • by Sarah on Dec 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    My thoughts and prayers are with the little one. God bless all of you!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112474389 - wctv.tv/a?a=112474389