Two Die in Wakulla County Accident

By: Jerry Askin Email
By: Jerry Askin Email

Update 10/29 6:50am by Jerry Askin

The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office is not charging anyone as of now in last week's fatal accident that claimed the lives of two Lake City residents.

Investigators say five people were riding in a Honda Civic, leaving a wedding last Saturday at the Wakulla Shrine Club on Highway 319. Deputies say the driver pulled out in front of a Ford truck and the truck struck the Honda. Two people in that Honda Civic died.

Public Information Officer Keith Blackmar says, "There was no indication of speeding and no indication of alcohol or narcotics on the scene."

The driver of the truck was 17-years old. He and a passenger suffered minor injuries on the scene. The investigation is still ongoing. Funeral services for the two killed in the accident was today in Lake City.

___________________________________________________________
Update 10/25 5:35pm by Jerry Askin

An 18-year old girl remains in critical condition at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital after a fatal accident over the weekend in Wakulla County.

Police say two people were killed and three injured in a two vehicle accident near the Wakulla Shrine Club Saturday 10/23 at 10pm. The five people were in a Honda Civic, leaving a wedding on Crawfordville Highway.

Troopers say the Honda pulled out in front of a Ford truck and the truck struck the Honda - nearly smashing it in half. The two people in the truck suffered minor injuries.

__________________________________________________________
Wakulla County Sheriff's Office Press Release:

Two Lake City residents were killed and three others were injured, one critically, in a two vehicle accident near the Wakulla Shrine Club at 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23, according to Wakulla County Sheriff David Harvey.

The five individuals were in a single vehicle attending a wedding at 4141 Crawfordville Highway in Crawfordville.

Tracy Williams, 40, died along with her daughter, Ashley Shallar, 17.

Helen Edenfield, 37, Brittany Edenfield, 18, and Michael Edenfield, 9, were also hurt in the accident. Brittany Edenfield was airlifted to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital with critical injuries.

The Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit was called to the scene and determined that Tracy Williams was driving a Honda Civic following other relatives who were leaving the Shrine Club.

Williams pulled out in front of a Ford Super Duty Truck that was driven northbound by Kenyard Coleman, 17, of Crawfordville.

Chelsea Scalingi, 17, was a passenger in the Coleman vehicle. They suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene.

The Ford truck struck the Honda in a “T-bone” fashion and nearly broke the Civic in half.

Tracy Williams was the driver and Ashley Shallar was a passenger behind the driver. They were mother and daughter.

The Civic was dragged approximately 75 feet and ended up in the middle of the highway.

The truck flipped onto its side. Both vehicles were destroyed in the accident.

U.S. Highway 319 was closed down for approximately three hours while the Traffic Unit investigated the fatality.

Captain Billy Jones, Sgt. John Zarate and Deputies Dale Evans and Ben Steinle investigated. Their investigation continues.

• by The Bride Location: Wakulla on Nov 22, 2010 at 07:41 PM
    Continued from pervious post... One of the previous comments said it best...We as a society have gotten away from prayer and compassion for another human being. This is not the time to bash immocent parties involved. This is a time to unite as families and communities and realize that your loved ones could be gone in a matter of seconds. Anyone who is using this as a means to slander a community during an election season should be ashamed of themselves. A very wise old man told me at the viewing something that I knew, but hadn't accepted due to grief..."The Lord will not come a minute too EARLY or a second too LATE." The fact of the matter is...my aunt and cousin served their purpose here on Earth and God thought they were too precious to leave with us. They are now my angels. God Bless everyone and please continue to pray for the recovery of the 3 survivors as well as the healing of the hearts and spirits of EVERYONE involved, my family as well as the 2 teens involved. GOD BLESS!
  • by The Bride Location: Wakulla on Nov 22, 2010 at 07:31 PM
    My husband and I, as well as our families want to give a special thank you to everyone who has prayed and continues to pray for our family because of this tragic event. We want to give a special thank you to all WCSO, Fire department, EMT, FHP, volunteers and by-standers who participated in saving the lives of our family. We do not want to relate our wedding day with this tragic event, however...we will. WE are thankful to know that my Aunt and Cousin were strong in their faith and are now singing praises with God and we are blessed to know that we will once again see them! We continue to pray for all parties involved and that they heal both mentally and physicaly. My cousins are healing as best as can be expected given the injuries they sustained and there is a long road to recovery for everyone...even my husband and I and our guests and family and friends who were witnesses. Continues in next post...
  • by Joan Location: lake city on Nov 3, 2010 at 04:04 PM
    This is a sad situation, but we all know that God has a plan for us all. Tracy was a very spiritual person and for whatever reason it was her and Ashley's time to go and be with God. I have rode with Tracy thousands of times and she is very careful so I cannot help to think that the lights played tricks on her. My heart breaks to know that I have lost a sister and best friend, and I continue to pray as everyone should for all the others involved, especially Britany, as the family cannot bare to lose another granddaughter, daughter, niece, etc... My heart aches for the young couple who will always remember their "special" day with such sad memories, but Tracy would want you to find peace and laugh about something as she is your Angel now and she is very happy, I promise you that. I pray for her 20 year old son that she left behind also, may he find strength to continue to be strong. We never know when our last day will be so don't judge folks.God has a plan for us all. It was their day.
  • by Debbie Location: Wakulla on Oct 31, 2010 at 04:12 PM
    I don't know any of the parties involved. I do know that a couple had a tragic end of what should have been magical. I also know that two young people also deserved their night to end magical too. I pray for all involved. Kenyard I'm going to pray extra for you Hun. It was an accident. My son was on that road too that night. It could very well have been him that was in that accident. It will take time for you to heal. Not because you did anything wrong, but because you were in a very bad accident. Most of your wounds I imagine cannot be seen but will heal in time. Keep loved ones close they will be your best medicine. Praying for you too Chelsea. You must be hurting too.
  • by wow Location: wakulla on Oct 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM
    The driver of the truck has been one of my best friends since 8th grade, So for the people who have negative comments next time you put my friends name in your mouth do the world a favor and choke. Wakulla county is a great place to live, and we have morals, ethics, and values. We don't point fingers unless their are facts that someone is at fault. You people have nothing better to do than bash A young man who has done nothing wrong? Make better use of (ya'lls)!! time fill the car up on the way home tomorrow close the garage door and roll your windows down. Please and thanks! P.S. Karma is a bad thing to play with.
  • by DD Location: Crawfordville on Oct 29, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    @ Me Thanks so much for the status. It feels so great to hear that healing is in the works. I'll continue to pray for the families.
  • by Kathy Location: Crawfordville on Oct 28, 2010 at 04:51 PM
    I heart felt prayers go out to all families that was involved in the accident on saturday night.To the newly married couple may God bless you on your new life. Kynard keep your head up and move forward and at night say a prayer for the family that lost so much. To the Edenfield family that lost the mother and daughter I know that God has them in his arms now and I will keep all of your family in my prayers.
  • by me Location: Florida on Oct 28, 2010 at 03:36 PM
    I am a friend of the family that was injured...I know that the mother is doing physically well...the little boy is improving greatly and may be coming home soon...the young lady is progressing but not in the clear yet....she gets better everyday and we are just waiting for her to open her eyes...The family is thankful for the prayers...I hope that everyone will continue to pray for all the people involved in this tragedy
  • by DD Location: Crawfordville on Oct 28, 2010 at 04:42 AM
    If any family members are friends of the individuals involved read these coments...can you please give a status on how everyone is doing? I've been praying for the girl in the hospital, her mom and all involved. Also the people in the truck..if you read this, so sorry for your stress. Most of us know that this was an accident. I pray that God allows you to forgive yourself, wasn't your fault. Hope you can sleep at night and that your family and friends give you lots of hugs! ~ May God bless everyone who has heard of this story...you never know how long you have on this Earth or what might happen on your next drive.
  • by turtle25 Location: Tallahassee on Oct 27, 2010 at 02:44 PM
    Has the investigation on this accident been concluded? I sure hope so for everyone's sake.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105631683 - wctv.tv/a?a=105631683