VIDEO: Gov. Scott on Medicaid Billing

By: The News Service of Florida
By: The News Service of Florida

June 5, 2012 -

Gov. Rick Scott says he's directing the state Agency for Healthcare Administration to be flexible over a huge backlog of Medicaid bills owed by county governments across the state.

A new law requires counties to pay off more than $300 million in disputed Medicaid bills dating back years. The bills piled up because counties argued the state's Medicaid billing system was flawed and they refused to pay. That was one of the main concerns at a business roundtable this morning in Quincy where Gov. Rick Scott met with Gadsden County elected leaders and business owners.

Gov. Scott said he wants to make sure counties pay only legitimate bills and he invited county leaders to contact him directly with their concerns.

• by SMH on Jun 6, 2012 at 09:12 AM
    Gov Scott on Medicaid Billing....wait, was this a fraud seminar?!?!?
  • by jes on Jun 6, 2012 at 02:05 AM
    Gov. Scott should be the states medicaid/medicare premier billing expert. He knows for sure how the funds can be stolen.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 5, 2012 at 05:11 PM
    To me a CEO directing "flexibility" over paying a due debt no matter how it was created sounds like an indirect order to NOT pay the bill or pass on the cost to someone else. It won`t matter if it is for care of elderly or a child born out of wedlock or even illegal immigrant care in the ER, folks this is what the conservatives call an "entitlement" that they believe they don`t have to pay for and want to eliminate but they will quickly let you know they are entitled to tax breaks.@Anon at 12:19 - the answer you are probably looking for is called slush fund for local politicians in those counties with the highest Medicaid/Medicare debt.
      by Medicaid Biller on Jun 5, 2012 at 08:25 PM in reply to
      How do we know the billed amount is truely due? In the amount it is being billed. I am telling you as a medicaid biller the Medicaid FI can be a nightmare to get a correct answer from. They are right to question Medicaid Bill because I would definitely do it. I do not have a lot of confidence in the Medicaid office and if you talk to other local Medicaid billers they would probably tell you the same thing. Also I think the beneficiary of the Free Health care should pay for the cost of it not us the tax payers.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 5, 2012 at 09:28 AM
    Is there a way the counties Medicaid receipient can pay the Counties Cost for Medicaid. Maybe have them pay a monthly premium or maybe have them pay a higher copay then 2.00 I had a patients call and screm at me for 30 min on the phone about how he did not owe the 2.00 copay because the check in/out person did not colleted at the time of service....I am not making this up. He was serious. He thought because he was able to skirt by them on his way out the provider should not have the right to bill him. The provider does not only have the right he has the legal obligation to bill them. But really the since of self entitlement is like nothing I have ever seen. We just can not afford to keep patranizing people because we are scared they will scream racisim if we don't In the amount of time I spent on the phone with that one Medicaid patient listen to him complain about his 6.00 debt, I could have billed 30,000. worth of claims to Medicare and gotten that money in. It cost the provider phrs
  • by Anonymous on Jun 5, 2012 at 09:19 AM
    Can someone please explain these Medicaid Bills owed by the county. I am Medicaid biller. A Doctor office sends a Medicaid patients medical bill to Medicaid. Medicaid pays the doctor. I get that part of Medicaid. I do not understand what Medicaid bills the county for or why. I do not understand how they calculate the billed amount. I want to sit on that pannel. How do I do that. Please someone explain. I tried to post the question on the YouTube Video that is attached but that option has been disabled.
  • by End Welfare on Jun 5, 2012 at 09:08 AM
    Govenor Scott, the state needs to stop hiring and paying women to get deliberately pregnate on the states dime. All of those kids can qualify for Medicaid, some with disabilities get social secuurity benefits as well. It is not the elderly that are bankrupting the Social Security system. It is these welfare receipients that are frauding the program. There is no way to stop the massive amount a fraud, except to in the program. Spend the money on something that actually benefits the state. Like paying down the dept.
      by SMH on Jun 6, 2012 at 09:15 AM in reply to End Welfare
      that's right!!! women should stop having babies!!!! and men can just have sex with other men and the world will be a better place....Thanks, End Welfare!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 157225515 - wctv.tv/a?a=157225515