[UPDATE] Vehicle Accident on North Monroe

By: Eyewitness News Email
By: Eyewitness News Email

[UPDATE] 10-14 9:28AM --

Sgt. McQuaig with LCSO reports that traffic is now freely flowing and the obstruction has been removed. WCTV has no other information at this time.

-------

Leon County, Florida --

LCSO Deputies are at the scene of a vehicle crash located on North Monroe and Crowder Road. Deputies say they responded to the crash at about 7:12 this morning (Oct. 14). They say that a vehicle overturned and has slowed down traffic to one lane of south bound traffic. We will bring you more details as they become available. Expect delays

• by T Location: Tallahassee on Oct 14, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    Well we don't have any red light cameras where this accident happened. But it's not about the red light cameras it's about people not paying attention while they are driving.
  • by georgia gurl on Oct 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    @ j timney- obviously you don't know your streets because this did not take place on the southside!!! So what would red light cameras on the southside have to do with this???!!!
  • by j timney Location: tallahassee on Oct 14, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    Why is it that there are no red light cameras on the southside? Can someone explain that?
  • by Anonymous Location: Tallahassee on Oct 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    First, hopefully the driver is okay. Second, I love the intersections that have the lights that count down - gives me the best indicator of when I need to start slowing to stop. Third, I'm all for the cameras - can't wait until they're all installed. I'm originally from a large city and I've never seen so many people running reds causing drivers to sit at green lights than in Tallahassee. It's dangerous to run the red and very frustrating to sit at the green. If you are a good driver who pays attention then you shouldn't have to worry about getting a ticket for anything. So good, the community gets extra money for public use and those constant repeat offenders get a chance to change. Last thought - who thinks that "not" paying attention to your driving and everyone else's driving will prevent accidents - raise your hand. Pay attention people - you could hurt or "kill" yourself or another adult, your child or some other child, your pet or some other pet.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 14, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    commonsense, be careful who you loan your car to. If someone is driving your car and runs a red light and causes an accident, the red light ticket will be the least of your worries. The lawsuit and the reapirs to your car will be much more important to you. This had nothing to do with red light cameras.
  • by Anonymous Location: Tallahassee on Oct 14, 2010 at 09:23 AM
    I am glad to hear that noone was hurt in the accident. All the comments about the red light cameras: there out there to help the "drivers" that dont pay attention to pay closer attention. Its not to stop the accidents!! You can not control people behind the wheel but you can help them learn how to drive carefully again. Its like teaching a child to walk. Sometimes they forget and your there to help them learn again. Its the same concept after receiving the ticket several times; that they will get tired of paying and pay attention at redlights and their surroundings. That just maybe accidents will decrease rather than increase. So it's not the redlights or the traffic tickets that's the problem, it's the people behind the wheel that IS NOT paying attention to their surroundings.
  • by Commonsense Location: Tallahassee on Oct 14, 2010 at 08:54 AM
    Susan, I am glad to hear other drivers stopped to help - it shows that there are still good people out there. But with that said, I'm not a big believer in the red light cameras either. If I'm not paying attention, run a red light and get stopped by a cop for a ticket - then I deserve what I get. But if someone borrows my car, runs a red light and the camera sends me a ticket - I don't deserve that. Its not fair to me, and if a human being (Cop) stopped the guy driving my car, HE - the guilty party - would get the ticket, not the innocent owner.
  • by Quiero Location: Burrito on Oct 14, 2010 at 08:32 AM
    Susan - I was merely getting in a rip to the red-light camera advocates. My point here, as you very clearly demonstrated, describing the scene of the accident, is the incompetency of drivers has EVERYTHING to do with our traffic problems, and red-light cameras will NOT fix a single thing. Drifted into the right lane where a huge semi was waiting to flip her over... Next thing I'll hear is that semi drivers need have their trailers painted pink so the incompetent drivers will see them better and not wander into them... ANYTHING but the car driver's fault. I hope the driver recovers quickly, too, so that she may be back on the road again, scared, and being a slow, cautious, wandering-in-the-lanes driver again... but no really, hope she is well. Red-light cameras are a waste of resources, drivers will never be competent, accidents like this will keep happening (cameras or not), and we will all have a nice day :)
  • by LOL Location: Tallahassee on Oct 14, 2010 at 08:31 AM
    I'm glad the driver was alright. And I understand this had nothing to do with a red light but since it was brought up in the comments...Red light cameras should be removed! The accidents that are caused by red light runners are usually from red light runners running it on ACCIDENT...not paying attention! No red light camera will stop that!
  • by TMP Location: Tallahassee on Oct 14, 2010 at 08:19 AM
    @FalseHope same here. Sift, google "snitch tickets" and "california red light cameras" and you will find plenty of reasons to oppose the money-grab that is red light cameras.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104934234 - wctv.tv/a?a=104934234